• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chicks On Anime - Female Crossdressers in Media

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd suggest that Casey reread Pretty Face. Rando was forcibly turned into a female appearing person by a doctor who wishes to continue the sex change and remains female in an effort to not harm the girl who mistakenly believes he is her twin sister. His goal is not to "oogle (sic) the girls", rather it is to support the woman that he has romantic feelings for and he tends to get uncomfortable in situations where "service" ensues.

I'm not arguing that pretty face is deep or anything, but Rando's intentions aren't seedy and his heart is in the right place.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Here in Sunny California (although it's actually cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy again today) back when I had my baby in 1990, one's dr writes one out on medical leave so one applies for disability/workers comp/whatever it is. My company then used my leave balances to match the check the state sent (70% or 80% of one's pay) up to my regular pay. My co-workers had advised me to exhaust all my balances first which was actually the stupidest thing because once one ran out of leave, one was on leave without pay & no one was paying the medical coverage so Cobra kicked in, but that's the employee paying the full amount (share of cost plus the employer's share) plus an administrative fee. Luckily I had medical under my husband so I just slid the one month, but I also lost that month as far as seniority goes for the job I've been with about 21 yrs whichmay be no big deal, but when I go to retire, I can get 2% at 50 & 3% at 60, so it affects my retirement by that 4-6 weeks I wasn't covered. (My anniversary of hire isn't my time on the job).

However, a woman's ability to get pregnant seems to come up far more than male recklessness. Real or not, haven't we always heard the line guys take more risks/gals are more cautious? THere's a fairly even number of gals & guys at birth, but guys die in various accidents so the percentage puts gals over 50% by adulthood. Gals get better rates on car insurance because they don't drive as crazy as guys? Just ask any parent who has to add a son vs adding a daughter to their auto insurance. Why do women get better life insurance rates? We obviously aren't as much of a risk as guys EXCEPT in the minds of employers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6