• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Vivy -Fluorite Eye's Song-

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:48 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Was it about the similarities...between AI and humans?

Yes. They all died tragically!
yuzumei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
The plot and themes seemed to rely on cool moments more than coherence. Was it about the similarities and differences between AI and humans? AI rights? AI missions? Was it about “heart”? I guess it was about all that, but none of those themes were resolved.

You forgot the theme of human-AI evolution and how human-AI dependency caused the apocalypse.
The show lacked focus.

For a moment I thought that all that happened was Archive's masterplan to force evolution in humans and AIs.
Archive sent Matsumoto to the past and made Vivy go through all those 100 years of experiences for her to evolve and became the next level in AI.
Archive also decided to kill humans to stop their dependency in AI's and force them also to evolve.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:04 pm Reply with quote
yuzumei wrote:

You forgot the theme of human-AI evolution and how human-AI dependency caused the apocalypse.

This is another example of this anime telling and we needing to trust it blindly because it's not actually shown.
In the end, what became of these two fundamental "problems"? Did the humans learned anything? They even heard about the reason why the robots had "revolted"? Don't remember Vivy telling anyone in the final timeline what the Archive had told her. We also don't know how the revolt affected the robots, what became of their independence and evolution.

Why?
Because nothing matters, the story doesn't not matter, it's all just and excuse for "Bibi" was cute and idol songs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7