• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Banner ads?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:40 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
Firebird will not block the ads on your site, and if you want to use the custom ad blocker you run the risk of blocking non-ads. Most of the ads that ad blockers block are from the *.ad.* type addresses; since yours are stored in a sub-directory they are harder to block.

With NIS, at least the previous version, you were able to drag any ad to it and it would no longer show you that ad. But at least that way people were forced to see the ad once.

I believe other products let you bad file types from certain directories, for example animenewsnetwork.com/sponsor/*.*

I could get around that by moving the banners into the same folder as our layout images, but that would be a huge headache since the sponsors upload their own images.

And yeah, many people block anything from adservers, we found that out when we ran the Cowboy Bebop ad, they were hosted on doubleclick. Seems that a lot of people block doubleclick.

-t
Zeiram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I suppose then, you are better off having associated deals with advertisers. I block ads when I can, myself. I do check them out occasioanlly though. Deffinitly more often than any other site. Guess it's a matter of relevince.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2