• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EchoBlast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote
Just wondering... why is this not listed in the encyclopedia? It's actually pretty popular (and really good!)
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
You're probably better asking this question in the Encyclopedia subforum.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:43 am Reply with quote
EchoBlast wrote:
Just wondering... why is this not listed in the encyclopedia? It's actually pretty popular (and really good!)

Well, you have to realize the fact that there are probably 20 times more manga titles out there than anime titles, thus it's virtually impossible for us to have EVERY manga in the Encyclopedia. Besides, the standard of "pretty popular" is also pretty subjective (the fact that only Japanese and Thai Wikipedia have its entry pretty much says otherwise; it's quite an accomplishment for 48 continuous tankōbun, though). Wink However, since you've attracted my attention, I've added it accordingly, although I generally do not encourage people to "bump" a submission by starting a thread in the forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EchoBlast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote
Ah, thank you. I shall use the encyclopedia subforum next time?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
EchoBlast wrote:
Ah, thank you. I shall use the encyclopedia subforum next time?

Please, but like I said before, I wouldn't encourage people doing so, as I don't want the Encyclopedia forum filled with "please add [title X]" threads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1