• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Galaxy Express and Harlock on Crunchyroll.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnathanEnder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
How come ANN didn't cover this? I literally found out about by accident.

Crunchyroll and Toei Animation are streaming two classic Leiji Matsumoto TV series' from 1978: Captain Harlock and Galaxy Express 999.

Click here for Captain Harlock

Click here for Galaxy Express 999

New episodes update every Friday.

These are classic space-operas of yesteryear. They may not be flashy or as "sophisticated" as a lot of today's shows, but every anime fan owes it to themselves to see them.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:07 pm Reply with quote
It makes me mildly rage because it is Crunchyroll, but it's hard to be completely mad, because these shows do need more exposure. I don't know why they're region locking them, but at least they're here because Toei probably feels they have nothing to lose with such old properties, no matter their popularity.

Luckily I've already seen all of Space Pirate Captain Harlock thanks to Live-eviL's R2 subs, but I only have up a certain point for GE999, and they were being extremely slow with it, so many now we'll actually be able to watch it. And they immediately dropped the projects and torrents once they found out. So it's bittersweet in the end, because you still have the face the reality than we won't be getting DVD releases.

And now people will understand where a large amount of references originate from.
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
What I wish is the release of the 2 dub movies to be on DVDs >.< 999 is such a classic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1