• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Avan Story - A Hybrid between Visual Novel and Adventure Game

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anigu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote

HOMEPAGE
Avan Story is an adventure game with anime graphics and interactive gameplay. Made by anigu, a small game developer team, the game promises fun experience for anime-manga lovers.

Story

Daniel Standhope, a businessman from England who is put into the planet Ikai after a certain incident. In order to return to his home, he has to find out about the secret of this world, winning beautiful girls' hearts and much more. All while trying to survive the dread of monsters and magical beings.

Gameplay
During the course of the game, players will encounter puzzles and events which will decide the outcomes of battles and how the story will advance.

Making choices during battle:

Avan story is not a stereotype game where the main hero has tremendous power. He is just a normal businessman! So, in order to survive, players will need to understand the habits and weaknesses of any monster they encounter. And they will have options to make choices during battles to put those understandings into practice.

Clues from environment:

Players can freely explore the Avan town at the beginning of the game. And they can interact with various kinds of things on the trip to unlock an event or to solve a confusing puzzle. Some characters will not share their true feelings unless players show them something...

Sample images

Avan Story is still under development. However, we at anigu are expecting to release the game within this year.

*WEEKLY UPDATES*

anigu homepage is now upgraded with a new look! There are also additional details that weren't there before. A new gameplay section is also opened.

Introducing Liz Dawez:

This chubby lady is a respectable teacher at Avan town.
Liz is also the only volunteer caretaker of Miru and Rune while other folks avoid them.

For more information, please visit anigu's homepage at www.anigu.com

Of course, we welcome any question related to Avan Story or about anigu team. Contact us at: [email protected]

Last edited by anigu on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:53 am; edited 12 times in total
Nagito

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 am Reply with quote
This game has beautiful art! Is this an indie work?
anigu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:03 am Reply with quote
Thanks for asking! Yes, we are and aside from art, the game also focus on making battles during the game more interesting. So please look forward to it!
anigu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 am Reply with quote
Today we have an update on our homepage. This update is about a new mysterious girl whose name is Momo.

I have also edited the first post to include this update just for convenience. In the future there will be more weekly updates like this one so please look forward to it!
anigu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quote
Today I have another update for you guys. This time it's about Miru Vondel's grandfather, Fred Vondel, a former warrior from the Great War. He's actually a funny old man.

I have put the update on the first post as well as on anigu's homepage. Feel free to tell me what is your thought on the new characters and the game in general, okay?
anigu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:54 am Reply with quote
So I have a little girl to introduce to you guys today. Her name is Din Kainna, possessing extraordinary power and is a very active girl who likes to bother everyone with her mischief.
You can see more on the first post with her picture updated.
anigu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote
I have another weekly update today. Introducing a very interesting character named Howl Stubbe. Check the first post to see more details.
anigu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
So, I'm afraid there's no new update this week as we are working on upgrading the website which will change how the site looks. I will inform you guys once it's done.

Thanks for your support and please feel free to continue discussing about the game, okay?
anigu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
Today I have two things to update:

First, the anigu homepage has finished upgrading, result in a change in its layout. Some more details are added on each character's profile. Furthermore, a whole new gameplay section is opened. Be sure to pay the site a visit Very Happy

Second, I would like to introduce Kyra Crystal, princess of Avaed Nation and the ruler of Avan town. Her attitude can make people think she's arrogant sometimes.

As always, feel free to discuss about the new character and the game in general. And thank you for your support, we appreciate it Smile
anigu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:55 am Reply with quote
A quick note that I have made some changes in the first post to include more details on the gameplay. I figured that this change would help for easier discussion. Be sure to take a look at it or you can just go to the main site.
anigu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 am Reply with quote
A quick note that we have updated new character. Liz Dawez, teacher at Avan town and the caretaker of Miru and Rune. See her in the first post or on the website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1