• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Campione! Episodes 1-6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Pretty spot on review.

I'm hoping for a better change soon in the next few episodes although it looks like tomorrow's episode will involve a spoiler[beach/onsen scenario] so hopes are not high for it.

Well, at least Erica is hot imo. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Ok I heard episode 1 covered the whole first novel pretty much and (I think) this is JC staff so can someone tell me how this handles the other novels.

This is NOT J.C. Staff. This is Diomedea (aka former Studio Barcelona), the studio that worked on Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica: Crimson S, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, and Astarotte no Omocha!

opps sorry it seemed like a JC staff move, after having kami-sama no memochou having novels 2 4 and 5 along with parts of others placed in the middle of novel 1 (no it is not supposed to be like that) I have low expectations for them.
kgw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Pretty spot on review.

I would've appreciated if she were dark-haired, like most Italians (or Southern Europeans) are. But then again, she wouldn't have looked "foreign enough", would she?
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Pretty spot on review.

I would've appreciated if she were dark-haired, like most Italians (or Southern Europeans) are. But then again, she wouldn't have looked "foreign enough", would she?

oh blond washing it's so much fun to see this all the time right
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Pretty spot on review.

Not to mention that she's not like an Italian girl at all. Yeah, better just leave it here rather than expect the Japanese to portray foreign people well.
animefan425

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:

kgw wrote:

Not to mention that she's not like an Italian girl at all. Yeah, better just leave it here rather than expect the Japanese to portray foreign people well.

The idea that all Italians typically have dark hair and tanned, olive skin is an stereotype, if you didn't know. If portraying foreign people with blonde hair in Japan according to you is an stereotype, then your comments reek of hypocrisy since the reason you're criticizing the anime is because it simply didn't comply to your own stereotypes of Italian people.

Also, Erica is from Milan. Are you seriously saying that all the people from Milan have dark hair and tanned, olive skin? And if anyone portrays a character native from Milan with blonde hair it should be criticized as unrealistic and false?
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:58 pm Reply with quote
animefan425 wrote:
egoist wrote:

kgw wrote:

The idea that all Italians typically have dark hair and tanned, olive skin is an stereotype, if you didn't know. If portraying foreign people with blonde hair in Japan according to you is an stereotype, then your comments reek of hypocrisy since the reason you're criticizing the anime is because it simply didn't comply to your own stereotypes of Italian people.

Also, Erica is from Milan. Are you seriously saying that all the people from Milan have dark hair and tanned, olive skin? And if anyone portrays a character native from Milan with blonde hair it should be criticized as unrealistic and false?

Because someone that looks like this:

could never be from Italy. Oh, wait... She was born in Milan... Wink

For your information, Milan, Italy is almost directly east of Lyon, France and the northern border of Italy is with Swtizerland and Austria. those are not places that are associated with blond hair at all! Oh, and Captain Von Trapp of the Von Trapp family singers, whom the musical The Sound of Music was based on was born in a city that was Austrian when he was born, but at the time of WWII was part of Italy.

Before you accuse others of racism, inspect your own preconceptions and how they may be colored in ways that are not particularly accurate.

Last edited by zensunni on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Given how much plastic surgery that woman has obviously had, I have to wonder if she's a natural blonde.
Xanas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
This is another show that I think had more potential than it's showing unfortunately, but I don't mind the harem stuff as that is part of the appeal, I just think the execution is weaker than it could be almost any aspect.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I do kind of agree that the harem aspect seems a bit forced, but unfortunately it seems like one of the best way to get LN sales... I think this series could do well enough on just plot and tone it down, but the harem is ensuring there is enough moe for everyone and (apparently) attracts more readers Sad

Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
In other news, yes, the first episode basically rushed the "epic" first volume of the novel.

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
Ok I heard episode 1 covered the whole first novel pretty much and (I think) this is JC staff so can someone tell me how this handles the other novels.

No offense, but people need to stop spewing this stupid baseless crap. The first volume covers Athena's arc. Granted I didn't read the original, but I'd say the adaption of the first volume was pretty well done.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:21 am Reply with quote
i don't read the LN, but it takes me 3 mins to check that ep1 doesn't has anything to do with vol 1 at all. lol

ANN people need to stop make up baseless info.

it looks like ep 1 cover alot of Volume 3, Chapter 2 to Chapter 6.

This anime does cut alot of corner or cut alot of chapters, much more than other LN anime.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
animefan425 wrote:
egoist wrote:

kgw wrote:

Because someone that looks like this:

could never be from Italy. Oh, wait... She was born in Milan... Wink

For your information, Milan, Italy is almost directly east of Lyon, France and the northern border of Italy is with Swtizerland and Austria. those are not places that are associated with blond hair at all! Oh, and Captain Von Trapp of the Von Trapp family singers, whom the musical The Sound of Music was based on was born in a city that was Austrian when he was born, but at the time of WWII was part of Italy.

Before you accuse others of racism, inspect your own preconceptions and how they may be colored in ways that are not particularly accurate.

I know a few Italians with blond hair so they do exist. While they might not represent the general population, it's still a stereotype to say that all Italians have dark hair.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2