• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Body Found with Clothes Resembling Shin-chan Creator's

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Slightly off topic, but has anyone realised that 99% of everyone that fell to their deaths on Everest, are still where they landed simply because; one, no one knows exactly where they fell, and two, it's too dangerous to retrieve their bodies when they are located. The only consolation the families can take is that their deceased loved ones will be well perserved, unless global warming reaches that level. Wink Though it's September, the temperatures in Japan are still quite warm which would have enhanced decomp on anything organically dead for that long.
Momoko_Kuzuryuu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I hope its not him. =( It's a still horrible way to go... Sad This is depressing news...
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Re: Decomposition: Also possible that damage sustained in the fall is contributing to identification difficulties/the word "remains" being used so much.

Unless he's faking his own death, I'd assume it's him. As Shadowrun20XX points out, it could be sadder still. I think most people would prefer to live doing what they love than die doing it, though (at least until reaching a ripe old age)... A respectable death, but doesn't render grief unnecessary.
nadir-seen-fire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 am Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
Wikipedia says the manga is still ongoing. I wonder what they are going to do with it? Will they just end it, or have some other guy step in and finish it up?

Wikipdia is extremely conservative in updates like these. They won't allow information like that to be touched until there is a solid official source confirming something as a "fact" before they update something.

In this case I wouldn't doubt that Wikipedia has already protected or at least semi-protected the article as a result of a revert war where people jumping on this news are trying to change status, vs. people following the wiki's policies and waiting for a factual confirmation of what is going to happen to the manga.

In other words, Wikipedia is a archive of information, not a news source. They won't change anything until it's absolute fact, whereas a news source like this will keep updated with minuscule pieces of info as they come out.
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote
....This is starting to sound like a suicide.....

Wonder if he caught his wife cheating or something....
AndrewSP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:04 am Reply with quote
Cyan Bloodbane wrote:

It's just as likely (if not more so) that this was just a tragic accident. That being said, nothing can be ruled out completely at this point.

I'm a little bit worried at the lack of news. Sad It's 6pm in Japan now, I wonder if the body has been recovered yet.
zeltrax225

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 am Reply with quote
thanks for shin-chan,
Usui.
and Rest in peace.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote
That's sad. My heart goes out to the friends and family of whoever the body turns out to be.

Cyan Bloodbane wrote:

At this point there is absolutely nothing to support either of these suggestions so perhaps you could refrain from saying bad things about a dead man's wife.

InuNaruPokeAlchemist wrote:
this is sad, if they are his remains, then may he rest in peace with God in heaven *says a prayer*. I'm a Christian, so I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers

Well...seeing as he was Japanese, in all likelihood he wasn't Christian so sadly he's probably in hell right now or at least, that's the case according to your point of view. I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment though.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:18 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

Well...seeing as he was Japanese, in all likelihood he wasn't Christian so sadly he's probably in hell right now or at least, that's the case according to your point of view. I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment though.

Well THAT was unnecessary.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken, if we're talking about someone being dead, could you please keep the typical forum stuff out of it, even if you have a personal opinion about religion? I know some things are itching to be responded to, but maybe on one thread we take the high road?

I'm asking.

Anyway, I don't believe this is suicide. This was a typical routine for the guy, and he's not as young as he used to be. Most likely, he lost his balance. Sounds like he wasn't estranged from his wife or anything, so if he did kill himself, why wouldn't he leave some sort of clue?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OrochimaruAnko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote
What I was thinking, is that he probably started climbing, lost his balance, and fell.

About DNA, I think they already did dental records, maybe someone
beat me to it. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news my fellow
Shin Chan fans, but I am 100% sure it's him.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.

ikillchicken: That was uncalled for, Buddha forgives.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
I'm afraid that Mainichi News has confirmed Usui's death 2.5 hours ago. The corpse has been identified by his families, and the dental record matches Usui's. No last word or will has been found; most likely a tragic accident.

ADDENDUM: Taiwan's United Daily News also added the news 10 minutes ago.

EDIT: Ah, so I'm already a bit late for the news.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Dang, was hoping for some good news when I visited the site this weekend about this. That's too sad. I was hoping they find him but not as a corpse. Condolences to the family and friends. It hurts losing a creator mid series let alone losing someone in general.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope it wasn't a suicide either because that would be even more tragic. One of the top rated Japanese shows has lost its creator.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
If it was a suicide, it would seem to be a suicide designed to look like an accident. Though I have little knowledge of the subject, I feel pretty certain that such things are incredibly uncommon. Mountain-climbing accidents, on the other hand, occur quite frequently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6