• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hanamaru Kindergarten Episodes 1-4 streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote
So I watched the first 3 episodes and while the kids are super-adorable I didn't much care for the "Anzu-loves-Tsucchi" running gag. Don't get me wrong, it's not offensive (Tsuchida's not interested) but I just don't think his discomfort at the situation and how others may misunderstand it is that funny. Certainly not enough to carry an entire show. In fact, I'd say the series would be better if it dropped or toned down both that joke and Tsuchida's would-be romance with fellow teacher Yamamoto. I guess what it boils down to is, I think the adults are sorta boring and I'd prefer it to be all about the kids and their cute misadventures. So while I wouldn't discourage anyone else from checking it out, I don't think I'll be finishing this one (and I'm not sharing it with the friends' kids either - it's obviously not meant for a younger audience).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4