• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! Special Edition Part I

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:50 am Reply with quote
ralphmerridew wrote:
Cait wrote:
And to think, without Robin's commentary, we may have never known that butt-dance wasn't completely random and actually based on Japanese mythology...

If I understood the commentary correctly, it was completely random. Coincidentally, it ended up matching the mythology.

Yah, that was my impression as well.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I remember that strip, it was funny. Hard to believe that the idea came from Japanese mythology. I honestly thought it was a random idea possibly inspired by those crazy mega-insane otaku kids that get overexcited at anime cons and get silly during Dance Dance Revolution. Embarassed Laughing

Quote:
If I understood the commentary correctly, it was completely random. Coincidentally, it ended up matching the mythology.

Oh, it was random? I must've read it wrong. Anime dazed
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
Since no one seems to be able to read and absorb information nowadays, let's recap...

Robin wrote:
So basically, they did a butt dance, which I had already had the gang try. And thus, I unknowingly screwed myself out of being all mythological, because I underestimated mythology's ability to include butt dances.

She did the butt-dance, then looked up the myth, and saw that she'd already covered her bases... so chance at epic-ness later on failed, random epic win. Yay!
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Wow, I thought it was a Crayon Shin-chan reference instead. Anime hyper Did anybody else think so as well?

I certainly did, especially since they said butt dance as they did it which is just like Shin's ass dance.
kailegh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
So, basically, Robin had intended to base the following Myoopi strip on the Amaterasu myth, but unknowingly had already based the previous one on said myth Shocked
...that's so awesome Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2