• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Partial English Cast for Hetalia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1stAgent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes! Great pick!

...and suddenly the voice of America is a guest at the con I'm staffing. Shame I switched to cosplaying Estonia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PBsallad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Italy is Todd Haberkorn! I had a feeling is was going to be him.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/hetalia-cast-announcement-grand-finale-welcome-italy/ - Includes 2 Italy clips and the first minute or 2 of episode 1 and some other stuff.
chocobolily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Score, I called J. Michael Tatum as France :D
I'm anticipating the full dub since I can't really decide if I really like it with just the clips so far. (You know how a character's voice can suddenly turn to nails on a chalkboard after listening for too long?) But Todd Haberkorn saying "You can order me around and I'll disappoint you!" made me laugh.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
The voices that I happen to like are America and France. Maybe by default I will like Canada too.
The recent clips of Haberkorn have kind of sad and my ears are regretting listening to them.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote
http://blog.funimation.com/2010/07/hetalia-cast-announcement-grand-finale-welcome-italy/

Additional voices include:
Cuba - Bob Carter
Canada - Eric Vale
Finland - Clint Bickham
Egypt - Scott Sager
Prussia - Jonathan Brooks

Still no word on Bulgaria and Sweden, though.
Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote
For once I'm really looking forward to the dub of a show! The only voices that are rubbing me wrong at England (sorry, Britain) and China, who falls completely flat. It's worth ignoring them for the hilarity that is Japan's Engrish, though. And Italy is adorable.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know what are the chances of getting some overlays for the on-screen text? It is really relevant to the anime.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
Anyone know what are the chances of getting some overlays for the on-screen text? It is really relevant to the anime.

100% I have yet to see any Funimation anime where they didn't translate the text.
I SHALL WIN THE INTERNETZ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:22 pm Reply with quote
midnighteve wrote:

Conversely, there was another show I was thinking about...Ghost-something-or-another, that totally re-wrote the dialogue to make it sound like a PG-13 version of Drawn Together. I really didn't like that one, only because there was a lame joke cracked every minute when you knew nothing of the sort was happening. But I digress...

it was hilarious.... you're crazy spoiler[or a jew, lol]

Ghost Stories...
I know now that it could never work between us! As much as we wanted to it could never be! Not because you're a rabbit, but because you're black!

they obviously took a dump on the script because ADV was kinda told too.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

100% I have yet to see any Funimation anime where they didn't translate the text.

Well damn that must mean my OHSC, Case Closed, and Darker than Black DVDs are all broken. Good thing you unbreakable faith in the perfect being known as Funimation.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote
ArsenicSteel wrote:
FMAvatard wrote:
ArsenicSteel wrote:

Well damn that must mean my OHSC, Case Closed, and Darker than Black DVDs are all broken. Good thing you unbreakable faith in the perfect being known as Funimation.

Well I can't speak for Case Closed or DtB, but I do own the complete series of Ouran, and I can tell you mine certainly have subtitled translations of signs and such.
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
I wonder if some of the giant blobs of text will just be cut from the dubs-- as much as the scripts have been changed, some of them don't make sense anymore (for example, the "Dancing Congress" bit from episode 1, which has been dropped from Germany's rant in the dub).
Between watching the dub and sub and reading the manga, you end up with three entirely different Hetalias :p Oh well, they're all funny, so that's ok with me.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
After watching the preview clip, I award Scott Freeman six marks out of ten. The performance is promising at the outset, but incurs several faults thereafter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I love all the crap accents! Very Happy

No other dub can get away with crap accents like this. This is going to be great.
Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote
^ exactly! Anywhere else, accents like these would be WTF RACIST!
But in Hetalia, it's just hilarious xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9