• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation New Title Solicitations (Dec '10)

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote
The following is subject to change at any time.

* Baccano!: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 400 minutes - $39.98 - 12/28/10
* Dragonaut - The Resonance: Complete Collection - 330 minutes [should be 630 minutes] - $59.98 - 12/28/10
* Dragon Ball the Movie 1: Curse of the Blood Rubies - 48 minutes - $14.98 - 12/28/10
* Dragon Ball Z Kai, Part 3 (DVD) - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 12/14/10
* Dragon Ball Z Kai, Part 3 (Blu-ray) - 325 minutes - $54.98 - 12/14/10
* Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 3 (DVD) - 320 minutes - $49.98 - 12/28/10
* Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Part 3 (Blu-ray) - 320 minutes - $54.98 - 12/28/10
* Gad Guard: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 630 minutes - $29.98 - 12/7/10
* Gun x Sword: Complete Collection - 650 minutes - $49.98 - 12/14/10
* Guyver - The Bioboosted Armor: Complete Collection (Viridian Re-release) - 625 minutes - $39.98 - 12/14/10
* Ikki-Tousen: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 325 minutes - $39.98 - 12/7/10
* Kaleido Star: Season 2 + OVAs Collection - 650 minutes - $39.98 - 12/28/10
* Le Chevalier d'Eon: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 576 minutes - $29.98 - 12/7/10
* One Piece: Season 3 Collection, Part 4 - 325 minutes - $49.98 - 12/21/10
* Ragnarok: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) - 625 minutes - 12/28/10
* Sands of Destruction: Complete Collection (Viridian) - 290 minutes - $39.98 - 12/14/10
* Spice and Wolf: Season 1 Collection (Viridian) - 312 minutes - $49.98 - 12/7/10
* Tenchi Muyo! GXP : Complete Collection (Viridian Re-release) - 650 minutes - $39.98 - 12/21/10
* The Tower of Druaga: Complete Collection - 260 minutes [should be 540 minutes] - $49.98 - 12/14/10

Credit to WTK from AoD for getting this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote
FMA Brotherhood Part 3 Bluray....and thats it. For the love of god Funimation, stop releasing the hell out of everything Neutral.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Since I hear Dragonaut is absolute rubbish, I'll wait until an SAVE release to quench my interest. Or maybe I'll grab the two half sets when TRSI slash their prices.

I'm also going to wait until Funi inevitably releases both seasons of Spice and Wolf in one collection.

As for something that's actually on the list, I'll pick up Sands of Destruction. I actually almost bought the first release last month, but I decided to save it for later. I suppose it was fate.

I actually hoped Baka and Test would've been out this month since that's something I'm really interested in, but I guess it'll be out in January, perhaps February.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
driverstart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I've been curious about Le Chevalier d'Eon for a while now. At a cheaper price now, I can finally check it out! Outside of that and the One Piece set, that's all I'm getting this month.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Since I hear Dragonaut is absolute rubbish, I'll wait until an SAVE release to quench my interest. Or maybe I'll grab the two half sets when TRSI slash their prices.

It's not a bad as people make it out to be. I mean it's not a masterpiece by any means what so ever, but I wouldn't say it complete trash. Depending on how you look at it is either a B- or a C+ show. I've seen much worse (My Santa, Art of Fighting, the Tekken Anime) than Dragonaut.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Wooow Spice and Wolf Viridian is actually a HIGHER price, and Sands of Destruction Viridian is... the same price :/

Hmmm.... after looking at the RSI prices, I'm not too impressed... If Sands was a bit lower, then maybe... Maybe Frys will have it at $20.

Still awaiting Tsubasa OVAs :/
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
It's not a bad as people make it out to be. I mean it's not a masterpiece by any means what so ever, but I wouldn't say it complete trash. Depending on how you look at it is either a B- or a C+ show. I've seen much worse (My Santa, Art of Fighting, the Tekken Anime) than Dragonaut.

Well, for shows I don't feel at least 85% confident in, I don't want to pay too much money. It's not so much the bad rep as it is the episode snippets and trailers I've seen that make me worry. I think I'll like it at least as much as the first season of Ikkitousen, which I only paid $25 for, but I'd rather be safe than sorry *cough*Tenjho Tenge for $45*cough*.

Sheleigha wrote:
Wooow Spice and Wolf Viridian is actually a HIGHER price, and Sands of Destruction Viridian is... the same price :/

What're you talking about? Both are $10 less than the first releases.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
I've been curious about Le Chevalier d'Eon for a while now. At a cheaper price now, I can finally check it out! Outside of that and the One Piece set, that's all I'm getting this month.

I saw Le Chevalier on righstuf's weekly sale for the complete box set going for $19.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
[
Well, for shows I don't feel at least 85% confident in, I don't want to pay too much money. It's not so much the bad rep as it is the episode snippets and trailers I've seen that make me worry. I think I'll like it at least as much as the first season of Ikkitousen, which I only paid $25 for, but I'd rather be safe than sorry *cough*Tenjho Tenge for $45*cough*.

I don't know if you use a movie rental service or not, because I would say if you use one you can rent it and to determine if you want to purchase it or not.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they've got a lot of good stuff getting re-released. I swear this company is becoming like Old Faithful now, every year they'll re-release a series in a $10 cheaper form. Think they'll ever go lower in price than the S.A.V.E. sets? Or will they just eventually re-release the S.A.V.E. sets with different cover art and without that hideous logo (but the price won't change)?

Hmm, now for things I'm considering from this batch, Le Chevalier d'Eon (although I can still get all the singles+artbox for like the same price over at TRSI....it will take up a lot of room, lol), Spice and Wolf (hmm, or maybe in one more re-release) and....no, that's it for now, I've already got Kaleido Star and Baccano so, what more is there to get from that list for me?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
There's a number of titles there that I'm interested in, but nothing I *need* to pick up immediately. Eventually, I'll be getting all of FMA:Brotherhood. Gad Guard, GunxSword, The Tower of Druaga and Sands of Destruction are all ones I'm interested in, but I'll have to sample some eppies first to see if I wanna lay down the cold, hard cash on them.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Would love more upscaled (or native HD) titles on BD. Ever since seeing Ouran Host Club, I have a whole new perspective on their video authoring practices. Here's wishing for Darker than Black, or any of the other titles they got from Geneon, on BD...
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I don't know if you use a movie rental service or not, because I would say if you use one you can rent it and to determine if you want to purchase it or not.

Renting isn't my style unless it's Gamefly. I just don't like the idea of renting anime since they're usually 4-6 discs and sometimes they don't always have all the discs or some are in a queue that's forever long.

Tony K. wrote:
any of the other titles they got from Geneon, on BD...

*cough*Black Lagoon*cough*
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm thinking that Spice & Wolf collection will be roughly $20 cheaper at Best Buy.

Which will be a best buy for me. :3

Also, yay for Brotherhood!
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:

Sheleigha wrote:

What're you talking about? Both are $10 less than the first releases.

Depends where you shop... Sands was a steady $29 to begin with at Best Buy, and $29 now on Rightstuf, and Spice and Wolf has been around $35 on Amazon/Rightstuf, whereas now on Rightstuf it's $37 as Viridian. So, not exactly price drops.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3