• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kare Kano Manga to End

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
How far did the story go, anyway? Does anyone know what the recent chapters were about? I only know the basic story from around eps 1-12 of the anime. =/ I didn't think they could go that far with it unless there were new trials and stuff to go through.

I believe Arima and Yukino are about to graduate high school. Aside from drama with Arima's REAL parents (ended a few chapters ago), the two are currently dealing with some unexpected surprises.

The manga should be able to wrap up quite neatly. This time I really can't see how they could go any further.
Angel Of Death

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm really interested in this title but will it be worth my time?
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:02 pm Reply with quote
deathbringer wrote:
Geez, it was still going? It stopped being good around volume ten.

I'd have to disagree. With the anime ending somewhere in the 9th or 10th manga, these later volumes are essential for those who were left hanging by the anime. As a matter of fact, the only reason I started reading manga at all was to continue on the journey which I started with the Kare Kano anime.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Joe Arizona wrote:
deathbringer wrote:
Geez, it was still going? It stopped being good around volume ten.

I'd have to disagree. With the anime ending somewhere in the 9th or 10th manga, these later volumes are essential for those who were left hanging by the anime. As a matter of fact, the only reason I started reading manga at all was to continue on the journey which I started with the Kare Kano anime.

Same for me. I was sooooo glad to hear that there was more of the story. Kare Kano is one of my favorites but the ending SUCKED ASS because they left it hanging in such a random spot. I'm gonna enjoy reading the rest.
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Angel Of Death wrote:
I'm really interested in this title but will it be worth my time?

That depends on your definition of "worth your time." I find Kare Kano to be one of the best manga series I've read (though I'm not a huge manga buff--you might wanna try asking around in the manga forum) but 21 tankobon is a lot of investment, both in time and finances. If you're willing to cough up the dough, go for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote
It may have 21 volumes, but you'd never say that the first one, and the last one, are part of the same story.

Anyone who's willing to read, can skip some volumes. He won't miss anything special.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2