• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Manga to Resume in Japan on December 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 am Reply with quote
So are Gutts and co. still on that boat?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
Yes. They stopped at an island for a little bit, though.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
nice to see, hopefully it won't go back on hiatus in February (though with this manga, I wouldn't be surprised at all)
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quote
Look who finally got bored with Idolmaster.
Toriko36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote
So what does exactly mean though? They will release one chapter every 6 weeks, just like he has been for the last 5-6+ years? Maybe we will be treated to 2 volumes in 2013, rather than the standard 1 volume every 12-15 months.

Berserk is my absolute favorite franchise. I own both DVD releases, First movie on Blu-Ray and all 36 volumes of the manga, but I am just very skeptical about this press release. I truly hope he moves the story along, just a little bit quicker. I completely understand that Berserk will never be a shounen manga, where we get a new chapter every single week, but maybe more than 1 chapter every 6-7 weeks, would be great.

Alright, enough of me whining and crying. Thank you Mr. Miura and I will continue to support you, until the very end of time.
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am Reply with quote
It's amazing to think about how long Berserk has gone on and how people have embraced it despite the less than stellar record of timeliness. I may still be reading it till I'm 40, but I'll still be reading it nonetheless.
oblivious247

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
So what does exactly mean though? They will release one chapter every 6 weeks, just like he has been for the last 5-6+ years? Maybe we will be treated to 2 volumes in 2013, rather than the standard 1 volume every 12-15 months.

Berserk is my absolute favorite franchise. I own both DVD releases, First movie on Blu-Ray and all 36 volumes of the manga, but I am just very skeptical about this press release. I truly hope he moves the story along, just a little bit quicker. I completely understand that Berserk will never be a shounen manga, where we get a new chapter every single week, but maybe more than 1 chapter every 6-7 weeks, would be great.

Alright, enough of me whining and crying. Thank you Mr. Miura and I will continue to support you, until the very end of time.

Heck, even getting a chapter consistently every 6 - 7 weeks would be pretty great.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
How long until the next Idolm@ster game comes out and it goes on hiatus again?
SuperVegetto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
How long until the next Idolm@ster game comes out and it goes on hiatus again?

I hope you're joking. Miura sleeps 3 hour and draws the manga when he's not sleeping ( the little sleep he gets ), eating and other needs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1