• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Being a volunteer...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this thread will get locked, but I just have to ask. Recently, I applied to volunteer at Akon 2005, in Dallas Tx. This is my first time volunteering at a con, so was wondering if anyone with experience can tell me what sort of thing to expect. Maybe even give me some tips...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Can't help you with what it will end up being like, but which departments did you choose? I'll be heading to A-kon as well, so I might see you there.
thebaron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
My second Otakon I was a gopher and having dealt with Gopher ops as a staffer for years.

Gophers can be used to watch rooms and equipment (as in video ops), run messages, help staffers with tasks, and much much more. You get perks depending on the con and can become staff if you do good work, dependable, and have your heart in the right place.

Each con is different, but gophers really help out the con and help themselves if they don't mind missing things. Most Staffers miss almost everything ;)
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote
I selected to be a runner and/or in the info department. I was hoping to go as Hajime Saito, but certain situations forced me to cut my hair, ruining the look I was trying to achieve, but at least I'll still have my bangs. Maybe if anyone else has any info about this thread, then you can post here maybe...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I have just been accepted to volunteer, most likely as a runner, at A-KON. That's someone who runs all over the place, and helps out where ever they can. I'll be the short mexican with the four Hajime Saito-style bangs with the Eichi style glasses(squared, not rounded though), and I'll be talking in my Spanglish drawl. I won't be hard to miss, ya'll.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1