• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Vocalonexus is 2nd Vocaloid Album to Top Weekly Chart

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Y'know the difference between a machine playing Beethoven's symphonies (and those have been available for years) and a maestro, I'd rather have people who develop and sacrifice themselves for their craft. Razz
I think Beethoven, as well as Bach and Mozart, would have loved to have Vocaloid2 to play on next to their piano. Wink
Jack Jolene

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
If these songs were released but nobody knew they were Vocaloids, I wonder how well the sales would be? Confused
(You know what, they should do just that - as a social experiment. A new song by an unbeknownst singer, you can do it Japan! Laughing )

And why stop at singing? A decade from now, all the seiyuu will be Vocaloids. Oh the sub and dub wars that would be! Laughing

Y'know the difference between a machine playing Beethoven's symphonies (and those have been available for years) and a maestro, I'd rather have people who develop and sacrifice themselves for their craft. Razz

I'm sorry, but do you know ANYTHING about vocaloids?

You DO realize that these aren't just robots that sing by themselves lulz but INSTRUMENTS used by ACTUAL MUSICIANS?? There is a musician behind EVERY vocaloid piece.

And I wonder if you know anything about music either, about a certain composer who wrote a piece that was nothing but silence. That was considered music too.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 am Reply with quote
Jack Jolene wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
If these songs were released but nobody knew they were Vocaloids, I wonder how well the sales would be? Confused
(You know what, they should do just that - as a social experiment. A new song by an unbeknownst singer, you can do it Japan! Laughing )

And why stop at singing? A decade from now, all the seiyuu will be Vocaloids. Oh the sub and dub wars that would be! Laughing

You DO realize that these aren't just robots that sing by themselves lulz but INSTRUMENTS used by ACTUAL MUSICIANS?? There is a musician behind EVERY vocaloid piece.

Yeah, it's installed on my friend's computer. We just made a 10 second piece. I guess we could consider ourselves musicians. Very Happy

Jack Jolene wrote:

And I wonder if you know anything about music either, about a certain composer who wrote a piece that was nothing but silence. That was considered music too.

I wonder how much that sold....
RandomRandom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Jack Jolene wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Yeah, it's installed on my friend's computer. We just made a 10 second piece. I guess we could consider ourselves musicians. Very Happy

I wonder how much that sold....

Do you have Vocaloid or Pocaloid?

The one thing I hate about exit tunes is that it focuses on mostly the popular Vocaloids, theres what 24 of them now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uf4ExQFH48
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Quote:

Bingo! Like any musical instrument, the sound quality totally depends on the skill of the player. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2