• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Neuro to Stream on VizAnime.com Starting February 18

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Neuro = 25 episodes

Vampire Knight (first season & Guilty) = 26 episodes

If you're not aware, they've been releasing Vampire Knight in singles (3 for each season) and the first season set was recently released which is not only in a keepcase (like the newest Bleach & Naruto Shippuden sets) but contains flipper discs that has volumes 1 & 2 in the first disc and volume 3 on the last so if they bother releasing Neuro on DVD, it'll either be the same or just in 2 sets.

In the strictest marketing sense, Vampire Knight would probably benefit from single packs like that because it was popular before being licensed. Get more money that way from the fans. Neuro would definitely be a niche title and would really bomb if it were released in singles. But that's just my two cents. I just really hope that Viz doesn't take the single approach.

And if Neuro's manga does make stateside, I'd recommend keeping up with the releases. I can see Viz not having a lot of reprints. A few of Monster's volumes on Amazon are getting pricey for second hand and a few Conan volumes are sometimes two-three times higher than the retail price.
firecrouch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
As an aside, I wonder if this means that Lovely Complex has a shot at being picked up for at least streaming in the NA market. It's a huge assumption on my part, but I kind of suspect that Viz might have had first shot at the anime due to its manga license, and may even have been sitting on the property.

I think it depends on Toei Animation.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote
Wooga wrote:

It makes me wonder how Viz will handle the episode with the evil american foreigner that preys on japanese girls though.

Oh, y'mean us here. See, easy. Laughing
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 am Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
I initially thought the first article was about Viz licensing the Manga.

I will be watching this, though I'm still very reserved about Viz, and the way they seem to bail mid-way on physical releases. Every Viz release I've committed myself to buying, they ended up not finishing (i.e.: Hikago. Monster.)

Yes, I agree with you that they are bogus for dropping stuff, i.e. Blue Dragon(finished dubbing the entire first season, but the only way to get episodes 14-51 is itunes only). But, I wouldn't give up on Monster, it seems they are trying not to do that any more, and finish their series they start.

Wooga wrote:
Quote:
Viz has also confirmed that the next issue of Shonen Jump (the magazine's 100th

100th what? They publish 52 volumes a year, right? They've already hit over a thousand, haven't they?

No, they are talking about the North American Magazine Shonen Jump, not the Japanese Weekley Shounen Jump.

The American Magazine is a monthly magazine, only coming out 12 issues a year.

This is great news, I've always heard this show was good, can't wait to watch. And, I hope there's a manga release to.

Urahara Out!!
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:51 am Reply with quote
firecrouch wrote:
Takeyo wrote:
As an aside, I wonder if this means that Lovely Complex has a shot at being picked up for at least streaming in the NA market. It's a huge assumption on my part, but I kind of suspect that Viz might have had first shot at the anime due to its manga license, and may even have been sitting on the property.

I think it depends on Toei Animation.

Which means it's never going to happen.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'd really love to have this on DVD even if it means going back to buying singles.

As for Neuro, in my opinion it's hard to beat Takehito Koyasu's original take-- I love how he bounces between super-polite Neuro when talking to strangers and creepy, menacing "real" Neuro when he's talking to Yako. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2