• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children scheduled

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Serge wrote:
DragonsRevenge wrote:
Meh, doesnt matter to me. I watched it, and it's not worth the purchase.

Let's see XXXXXXXXXXX.com has seen over 50,000 Downloads, They Totally Screwed up delaying this. That's Americans for you.

And i've noticed on one bittorent site, the traffic was over 100,000.

Sad that SquareEnix delayed it. Wonder how many of these downloaders will eventually "Buy" the DVD....

SquareEnix didn't delay it. Sony did. As far as I know, Squeenix wanted a release much sooner.

I'm buyin the English DVD release no matter when it comes out. And I'm buyin another copy for my grandpa!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote
The Appleseed dub was hardly perfect when it came to lip flaps either as it was carefully animated to match the japanese dialogue. They did a decent job though and it just pretty much comes with the dub territory so it never really bothered me. It's highly unlikely they'd re-render the movie and put 2 versions on a disc just to match the lips perfectly. More than likely a delay caused be such a thing would be far greater than a few months also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Do we even know what company is dubbing it?

I am going to guess since Squeenix has a dubbing studio for thier games, they will do it themselves.

The question is will Lance Bass return as the voice of Sephiroth (kingdom hearts) Laughing ?
a_lonewolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
wil2197 wrote:
$28.95? Why what a weird price. I can't imagine that they would wait till after the holiday season to bring it out, so I'm more inclined to believe the November date.

Not that it means much, but Amazon has it listed for release on November 29 still and also has knocked the price down to $18.95 for a pre-order (last time I checked anyway).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

I am going to guess since Squeenix has a dubbing studio for thier games, they will do it themselves.

The question is will Lance Bass return as the voice of Sephiroth (kingdom hearts) Laughing ?
'

God hell no.

I see a good chunk of the Star Ocean: Tell the End of Time cast in Advent Children.
silentjay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
wil2197 wrote:
$28.95? Why what a weird price.

It's a fairly standard SRP list price, and less wacky than many of them. The actual selling price will be lower, as it's been pointed out that Amazon's price is $18.87.
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Damn, they're being really spiffy about the release information. All I can say is, there sure as hell better be a sub track (I prefer my anime bilingual and if not that, then I rather it be sub only rather than vice versa).
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Isaaru wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

'

God hell no.

What? No Lance?

What about the return of Mandy Moore as Aeris Laughing ? (Though I thought she did a good job).
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Isaaru wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Isaaru wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

'

God hell no.

What? No Lance?

What about the return of Mandy Moore as Aeris Laughing ? (Though I thought she did a good job).

I rather hear Carrie Shavage do Aerith than Mandy Moore.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:

Why, because Mandy Moore is popular and talented? She did a great job in the game.

Just because someone is successful and popular doesn't make them bad.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

Why, because Mandy Moore is popular and talented? She did a great job in the game.

I didn't, I found it to be rather dry.

I think most people know how I feal about Carrie Shavige, so I will leave it at that.
Demaar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Subjective. I thought her performance felt stiff, even as dubs go. Incidentally, I was unaware she was the voice actor until this thread. Can't really comment on Lance as Sephy since all he did was grunt and laugh.

I don't really mind if the US DVD is dub only, I have the fansub, Japanese dialogue doesn't have to be on the disc for me to buy it. Would be a pleasant bonus, though. One benefit of the dub would be that I wouldn't have to glance down every few seconds to skim the subs, and could focus on the amazing animation (which really, is the highlight of this movie).
Wish it was out in a local cinema, though. It'd be a real treat to see it on the big screen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Zac wrote:
Advent_Nebula wrote:

I didn't, I found it to be rather dry.

I think most people know how I feal about Carrie Shavige, so I will leave it at that.

I couldnt find her in the encyclopedia. So i googled it..and your opinion came up..lol
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:

I hope you're not looking for a plot, because there really isnt one. If you want over the top action, to the point of absurdity, then by all means, have a blast.

I wouldn't expect one. I never did expect a plot. But let's see how it compares to 'FF: Spirits within'. But hey, it doesn't hurt to watch it. I'm not in the least interest of buying it. Well, maybe because it's characters are still from 'FFVII'. But before I do that I'm going to request it for the library's collection. So I get to review it before it goes into circulation. We have animation students here so why not have it? It's CGI. Whether they use it for reference or not they can check out for free and just watch it. After all animation is animation whether it's good or bad. Wink

But I will take the over the top action. After all the "weapon" is going to be in there. Razz
Isaaru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Demaar wrote:
Zac wrote:

Subjective. I thought her performance felt stiff, even as dubs go. Incidentally, I was unaware she was the voice actor until this thread. Can't really comment on Lance as Sephy since all he did was grunt and laugh.

That was wierd. Lance Bass called out spells too. Probably more trouble finding him then the actual work itself. I wonder if there is another story behind that, like he was a just a huge FF fan or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6