• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Downloaded Sora no Otoshimono Copy Shown at Funimation Studio

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:32 pm Reply with quote
THIS THREAD wrote:

But seriously guys, since when do we get to decide what the license holders can and can't do with their own product? This whole controversy is so weird and silly!
MrHatandClogs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Come on Anime Fandom!

I saw this the other day and thought it was funny, especially funny that ANN decided to make it a headline.

But....really? I come back later and it's turned into an argument about fonts? ....Really?

Come on Anime Fandom!
You know, one of the main reasons I got into anime/manga, etc. is because I thought the community was cool and refreshing.
But, in recent years, it's really gone by the wayside.

5-6 years ago Anime Fandom was awesome, cons were so fun, you could actually meet cool people.

Now, if you're not in a "insert trendy anime title here" costume, or in line for the Rock Band stage, everyone's a jerk and more concerned about acquiring their next box of pocky, than doing the thing that was the reason anime cons started. Meet and hang out with people who share your passion.

I was captivated by how insightful and educated Fandom was.
Now, you're all just condescending hypocrites who only care about who gets the biggest e-peen for the day.

And, how easily you could start an epic conversation on a chat box about the new episodes, and make more new net friends.
Now if you try to talk on somewhere you're new, everyone spams you and tells the mods to kick you because you're not part of the regulars.

And now Fandom has really became a joke in itself.
It's nothing but a bunch of elitist posers who care more about their forum post counts, than actually watching anime or supporting anime.

What happened?

I'm not totally agreeing with Zac and the others. There are legitimate reasons why you would need to watch a HS or CS rip.

1. You live in a country where those legal streams aren't available.

2. Your pc isn't powerful enough to play the streams, but powerful enough to play the SD versions of their rips.(If this is the case you shouldn't even be on the internet granny.)

3. Certain shows, for example Fairy Tail, are only legally streamed for a set amount of time. If one were to join CR today and read the synopsis for Fairy Tail and decide he wanted to watch it, how would he go about watching it from the beginning legally? He wouldn't.

Not saying these are legal reasons, but legitimate.

But, I also feel you should at least make an effort to support anime if you enjoy it and watch it a lot.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I still dl certain shows, when necessary.
But, I make a huge effort to support the anime/manga industries as much as possible.

I have a CR membership and a TAN membership. I subscribed to OreImouto and Togainu on ANN. I subscribe to Yen+, SJ, and OtakuUSA. I spend on average $30-40 on manga and $50-100 on anime every month.
Paploo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
THIS THREAD wrote:

But seriously guys, since when do we get to decide what the license holders can and can't do with their own product? This whole controversy is so weird and silly!

Nice on linking to the comic too :) I hate it when people don't do that. And hey, it's from the guy who did The Anime Club http://gunshowcomic.com/ac/ .
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
THIS THREAD wrote:

But seriously guys, since when do we get to decide what the license holders can and can't do with their own product?

You can't? Then fork some dough for the Star Wars Episode IV when Han Solo shoots first, you have no say whether you buy it, like it or are against the changes in the original plot. Oh, btw, where I live every single day several bullets are given for free but that does not make the mafia right about what they want.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10