• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Lad (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I liked the shot they took at Final Fantasy. "There's nothing final about it!"

That was hilarious! Anime hyper
Also that he has a Goku mascot on his cellphone. Anime hyper
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Also that he has a Goku mascot on his cellphone. Anime hyper

I saw the orange outfit and yellow hair and thought it was Naruto. Glad to know it was actually Goku. Makes sense since he was learning from Dragon Ball.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I also thought it was Naruto at first, but then I realized it was SS Goku.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 pm Reply with quote
It seemed to imply that most of the stuff he has is pretty old, he has a Playstation 1 and only knew about the earlier Final Fantasy, he might not even know what Naruto is.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Now that you mention it...

PS1 came out in 1994 in Japan. Final Fantasy was already on six by then. Not to mention that FF1 wasn't on PS1 (if that's what he was using to play it) until 2002.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
It seemed to imply that most of the stuff he has is pretty old, he has a Playstation 1 and only knew about the earlier Final Fantasy, he might not even know what Naruto is.

Yeah, I actually love this. It's refreshing to see an old-school otaku/gamer. Because other otaku characters focus on new stuff.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
Heck, he even had stuff on VHS - "Kenritsu Uchuu-gun," ("Prefectural Space Force") (in the same font as Honneamise), indeed!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[So Staz got his wish to visit the human world.
Seems like he's more into enjoying himself than helping Fuyumi.
Guess Staz really does care about what happens to her..
I knew it was too easy. The first obstacle has appeared.
Things are getting interesting.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I bet her mom spoiler[has something to do with her going to the demon world, since she has no idea if her mom is dead or not]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote

The comedy is great...but I thought the serious scene was the most well-done part of this episode.
「どんくさい奴。。。」
Ha, I learned a new Japanese insult. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

And the quote of the week goes to:
"spoiler[That punch befits a guy who desperately guards a filthy pair of underpants at a human world shop where only high-level demons can come.]"

Also, is it even possible to spoiler[shoot a ghost]?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Also, is it even possible to spoiler[shoot a ghost]?

It depends on how much "power of existence" Fuyumi has had. For starters, if she gets too much, all her blood rushes to her head.

Consider that one...

Or how about sucking on a vampire's finger?

Sounds somewhat curious, yes?

Or, this is just pointing out the obvious, how was Hydra able to grab Fuyumi in the first place?

Yeah, yeah, demon, not ghost. Except when it's funny or plot relevant. Sadly, being dead has giving more meaning to her life {seeing both their bedrooms was a nice contrast in personalities, his and lacks of hers} so I can already see a "demon for unlife" ending.

Upon seeing more of Hydra, I've decided the mangaka has a certain taste in female body types. It's not that I mind, really, I'm just trying to figure out how that waist belongs to those breasts and hips. Not complaining, though. And those shorts and why does her halter top have a zipper? Still not complaining.

If she just had a better hair design though. The pig tails are fun but the rest of it seems to stick out more than them. Good eyes, though, very greedy.

Wow, two episodes in and we've already got the love triangle spelled out; Staz realized Fuyumi is someone special to him and Hydra's looking for the strongest guy around - to marry apparently. Or to help get her magic back, whichever comes first {and then second, presumably} and Staz passed the first test.

By decking an effeminate ogre shopkeeper. Not much of a test, actually...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
Upon seeing those pantsu, I thought for SURE, given his old-school tastes, Staz was going to mention something about Lum (Urusei Yatsura)

Caught the Nadia figure though. Anime hyper

Quote:
By decking an effeminate ogre shopkeeper.

DAT TANK TOP.
I yelled "Ewwww" out loud. Anime hyper
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am Reply with quote
I figured that was only supposed to be her first of many tests for him, but she dropped future tests because he's Staz.

I've got no problem with the girls' shapes because everything else is fairly exaggerated too so it's not distracting me in any bad way. I've always loved Hydra's type of outfit though, as often seen on adventurers and grease monkeys. For the curious, apparently somebody already did official screenshot comparisons for chest size between the two and Hydra won.

I wonder if they're going to do a character-an-episode thing.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
ep.2

spoiler[staz & fuyumi well full check on black curtain enter the human world which lead to fuyumi's room where other side of black portal is stuck in.

then fuyumi bit worry give now a ghost wonder to explain yet staz spray bottle everyone to keep it all quiet so go places in human world lead to fuyumi's school more spray to everyone.

fuyumi bit worry yet maybe she should explain how she is a ghost yet staz better not cause it cause lots of probs yet fuyumi going like vanish til staz give blood keep her going cause after seeing other human still see fuyumi as the type.

so went back home & oh meet bell the treasure hunter/dimension traveler/persno who do black curtain then make staz doing a project to have fight ogre shop owner who guarded undies & cue staz beat owner.

cause bell search for someone strong who can beat person who stole bell's curtain & place it on fuyumi's room.

oh turned out bell also know a book bring human back to life but sold it wesr demon area lead by wolf person. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11