• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
North American Licenses

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slerch666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote
SekiGatha wrote:
School of Bondage is also licensed by JapanAnime, but for only the Best episode. the proof is here.

Actually, I believe it's the entire series again, as it's listed as 80 minutes, and there are only 3 episodes total. Or is that 80 minutes where it's 25 for an episode and then Japan Anime counts it's extras as another 55 minutes?
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:01 am Reply with quote
slerch666 wrote:
SekiGatha wrote:
School of Bondage is also licensed by JapanAnime, but for only the Best episode. the proof is here.

Actually, I believe it's the entire series again, as it's listed as 80 minutes, and there are only 3 episodes total. Or is that 80 minutes where it's 25 for an episode and then Japan Anime counts it's extras as another 55 minutes?

Thanks for the correction, slerch666. The JapanAnime release is the entire series, with the opening and closing credits deleted out. The Best episode released in Japan is only 60 minutes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fui

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:19 am Reply with quote
Tsubasa Chronicle has recently been licensed by Funimation. (Not bolded in the Encyclopedia).
ANN's coverage on the licensing
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
metzengerstein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quote
According to the May issue of Shojo Beat, VIZ has Matsuri Hino's Vampire Knight (manga).

Last edited by metzengerstein on Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Seiitsuno Megami

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
A little late, but...according to this, TokyoPop has licensed the Mai-HiME manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Tactics (of which I thought ADV got) got licensed by Manga Entertainment.

Source: AnimeOnDVD
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2