• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid V Prologue Chapter Previewed at TGS

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I liked all of the MGS games, and I'm widely interested in this game after seeing the gameplay.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon:
Quote:
And I guess the guards come back quickly but it was like that in two as well.

No, in part two, you had time to get away and actually sneak through undetected. In MGS 3, those bastards wake up if you walk too close to 'em.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:11 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Sutherland just doesn't do it for me like Hayter. Confused

just when i though it would get any better, konami dashes my hopes again with this dumbass casting.

Hollywood actors are NEVER EVER meant for voicing in video games let alone anime. especially after how much he and that showgirls girl stank in the Armtiage : Poly Matrix

but since its a metal gear solid game and its in the hands of kojima, i am not gonna be surprised it will do well though i wont be surprised that its sales will be subpar level.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
jr: They actually got good Hollywood voice-work in Ghibli films. And Keifer's got a more significant resume than just Armitage. It's just that he's wrong for Snake. But I guess he was cast, because it's been a while since the last MGS game/ And since that one pretty much wrapped up the series, the fan interest might be lower this time around. Or maybe Kojima's going through a 24 phase right now, and the series has frequent nods to the show.
E-Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
Since Big Boss is older in this installment, I'll accept the fact that his voice aged sometime after the events of Peace Walker. Least he doesn't sound younger like Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Blacklist.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
jr: They actually got good Hollywood voice-work in Ghibli films. And Keifer's got a more significant resume than just Armitage. It's just that he's wrong for Snake. But I guess he was cast, because it's been a while since the last MGS game/ And since that one pretty much wrapped up the series, the fan interest might be lower this time around. Or maybe Kojima's going through a 24 phase right now, and the series has frequent nods to the show.

Yea he got a significant resume. when it comes to hollywood movies and 24. but when it comes to the anime & universe , not to much. in fact any thing anime & gaming related that Hollywood touched ( excluding the Hiyao Miazaki / Studio Ghibi movies & having Mark Hamill as the Joker in the new batman games ) turned out very very bad which is why a lot of the live action movies from anime series and some games with hollywood stars have sucked so badly. I could get the change since its decades after snake eater and pace walker , so i get that Kojima might want an older voice over for big boss , but it wont sound the same at all. and it have been years since MGS4 & its appearant in a way he's more into the MG Rising series , but i have a nasty feeling that unless something BIG happens , it wont bode well it a lot of the fanboys from the first MGS game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2