• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Onegai Teacher

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davmx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:50 am Reply with quote
On the ANN Encyclopedia for Onegai Teacher the episodes lables 12.
But I happen to find 13 Question

Is the show still continue or what?
Ryo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:57 am Reply with quote
I think there was a special episode released after episode 12. It could have been labeled as episode 13.
king_micah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:33 am Reply with quote
Ep. 13 was an independant OVA.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, I wouldn't quite call it an "independent" OVA, since it followed the series continuity. When it gets released here in the US, based on how the DVD's are being done, it's just going to be treated as a 13th episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ultrabot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I hope they explain that it has nothing to really do with the plot of the show at all, its just 23 minutes of all that ecchi material the staff couldn't put in the show normally.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:36 pm Reply with quote
ehh... yes and no. To me, the series had more to do with the concept of falling in love in an arranged marrige than anything else. That was more of a unique concept and treated differently than most anime series I've seen. The whole alien bit, etc. was a plot device to get there. It wasn't handled in the best way, but the concept even through ep 13 was about moving forward together, and not just alone. It was done in a fairly tasteful manner, esp compared to many other things out there. Heck, if you want to point at ecchiness from the writers, it looks like they wanted to push it in Onegai Twins. Although it's really funny, it pushes the envelope a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:48 pm Reply with quote
(moved to the encyclopedia)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1