• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Horrible Girlfriends

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Shouldn't Sekai be on that list instead of Kotonoha? o_o

spoiler[Sekai's the one who brutally murdered Makoto first. Koto only took his head but...yeah, he's already dead so it didn't matter. lol]

Not that I blame Sekai. Makoto is garbage. Scratch that-garbage can have value sometimes.

Makoto is....is...toxic waste. lol
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
diadumenian wrote:
Touma wrote:
The only show that I have seen from the list is Shuffle and I definitely do agree about Kaede.
She was scarier than most ghosts and youma in horror shows.

I have to say, School Days is definitely the WORST series I've seen all the way through, hands down. My brother recommended that one to me, and I still give him a hard time about it. Stay away!

......but, but the finale.....how could you not like it? Twisted Evil

I don't know that the ending of School Days really makes up for having to sit through the rest of it.

Though I will agree with Touma in that this list is probably much scarier than most supernatural horror elements. Dealing with someone who has a such a tenuous grasp on sanity is much scarier since you never know what might set them off and there doesn't seem to be much anyone can do until after they snap. I mean Yuki couldn't even be sure that his mother would survive having a meal with Yuno because of the ever present chance that she'd perceive something as a sign she didn't like Yuno.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Yuno Gasai is no.1.
She is a horrible girlfriend being manipulative, a liar and a jerk yet people still love her. Really?!
If i was Yuki, i would just leave her or let the other contestants get her.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget you guys -- the crazy ones are the best in bed.

As for Misaki -- I'm not sure she deserves to be on the list. She isn't really a girlfriend and although I agree she is a bit messed up I think she is salvageable. And it is not like Sato is any great prize to begin with.

Before this article I would have put Nakamura over Saeki and I still would but I see the point. Anybody except the total idiot Takao could see that Nakamura is bad news and Saeki is something of a submarine. But Nakamura is still #1 because she is the one that is motivated to chaos and has an uncanny ability to see weakness in her victims and the will to act on it. It is unlikely that Saeki or Takao would ever have lost control of themselves without her around.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
She is a horrible girlfriend being manipulative, a liar and a jerk yet people still love her. Really?!

In my case, at least, that is exactly why I like her. She's about as f***ed up as they come. I tend to really like that kind of character, as well as yandere in general.

Quote:

I thought that was the quiet ones...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

As for Misaki -- I'm not sure she deserves to be on the list. She isn't really a girlfriend and although I agree she is a bit messed up I think she is salvageable. And it is not like Sato is any great prize to begin with.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't mind crazy up to a point, mainly for the reason given above. Razz

But I have to disagree about Sato. Yes, he's got serious issues, but at heart he really is a compassionate guy. This is shown several times throughout the series. Plus, he's actually pretty smart and somewhat creative, too -- it's just that he has *horrible* self-esteem issues and his own imagination creates scenarios in his head so terrible that it is nearly impossible for him to function in regular society. But he's not a jerk, nor is he manipulative, cruel, or heartless. He may not be a prize insofar as marrying him will provide you a ticket to middle-class status and a normal household, but I think he is fully capable of loving someone and doing his best (such as it is) to help them. In fact, he might be too good for Misaki, but if she does come to really care about him (something I think is possible, based on what I saw in the anime), then they could actually do a lot of good for one another.

I would definitely put Kaede (Lucy) above Misaki in terms of "Horrible Girlfriends". Misaki didn't slaughter (in a very bloody fashion) Sato's dad and sister right before his eyes.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Nanako Saeki

One of these things is not like the others. Rolling Eyes
tobeast777

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:30 am Reply with quote
I would date Shion... and Misaki for that matter Razz
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
so bunch of crazy psycho female to talk sure give of course yuno is THE example really so yea anything for yuki yet she do by any means of it.

also had kotonoha yea when slowing lost it & nice boat, then kaede yea who knew her crazy side box cutters, plus there mion-shion yea trying manic laugh all the time.

but i'm bit confuse misa on the list among those she least bit of them.
#Zero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Sekai from the same series should have been third instead of Kotonoha IMO.
Meygaera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
This is why I stay far far away from yandere.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:

I don't know that the ending of School Days really makes up for having to sit through the rest of it.

I freaking love school day for being the only harem that realize that if you put an horny teenager in a situation where a bunch of beautiful girl his age are all literally fighting each other to sleep with him, well he's going to sleep with them, cause duh! People like to go all "high and mighty", but most guy would take advantage of the situation, if anything the show is mostly a public service announcement for practicing safe sex.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
Yeah, Mion spoiler[has the lowest kill count in all of Higurashi]. Still, you could argue getting involved with her is a bit of a catalyst for most psychopathic character.

unfortunately she's extremely timid compared to the unstable kaede from shuffle. it would really sucked if that idiot chose her in the end or in the OVA sequel, Shuffle Memories.

though they pale in comparison to the psycho from school days. I'm surprised she's not number one considering that spoiler[ she chopped off makoto's head in the end with an axe and start hugging his head ala X the movie.]

NOW THAT IS ONE SERIOUS PSYCHO BITCH!

Last edited by jr240483 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:

Problem with that is that Yuki would be dead, if it wasn't for Yuno. Everyone else in the series had their own agenda, but Yuki was Yuno's agenda.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Although not in the same league, some honorable mention for Christine from Daa!Daa!Daa!--
Who takes the Ran/Momoka "Cute bipolar jealous girlfriend" trope, and carries it somewhat...to the next level. (Even when our heroes are just minding someone else's baby.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Uf6ryF9Ck
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6