• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Preview Yoko Kanno's Terror in Resonance Soundtrack

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
This definitely reminds me of the work she did for Darker than BLACK, which I wasn't really a big fan of. The only songs that I truly enjoyed and want to hear more of from the preview were track 9 - walt and track 13 - is(feat. Ryo Nagano).

Of course I'll probably still purchase it anyway because she's one of my favorite composers, but I can't help but wish this had turned out to be more like her stuff from Wolf's Rain.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
^9 and 13 were my favorites, too. But listening to all of them, I feel like I got a better idea of how the show's feeling is going to be like, and it feels fitting and interesting so far.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
So much hype for this. I definitely agree it seemingly gives us an even better idea of the mood.

Can't wait for this to start, loving the visuals in the PV2 released a bit back, they seem like a fantastic combination of DTB, Champloo's character designer doing modern characters this time, and the Bebop movie's really distinctive style of coloring which once again looks really sharp here.

rahzel rose wrote:
This definitely reminds me of the work she did for Darker than BLACK, which I wasn't really a big fan of. The only songs that I truly enjoyed and want to hear more of from the preview were track 9 - walt and track 13 - is(feat. Ryo Nagano).

Of course I'll probably still purchase it anyway because she's one of my favorite composers, but I can't help but wish this had turned out to be more like her stuff from Wolf's Rain.

I see/hear that too. While not overly similar (seemingly no powers etc.) I do feel like the show itself also has a tiny bit of DTB in it. I get a bit of a vibe of some of Kanno's more downbeat vocal inserts from SAC in a couple of the tracks too.

Her Wolf's Rain OST was fantastic. Like in that, even though given the mood I guess there probably won't be a lot of opportunities where it fits, I hope there are at least a couple of catchier tracks like track 9 when appropriate.

I agree on 9 and 13 being my favs too but I also think 6 has a lot of potential depending on the full version and where it's used based on how well she's used tracks like that in a number of her shows, quite liked it. I think 9 is my favorite at the moment, it feels like potentially one of her magical tracks so I can't wait to hear the rest of it if it gets going even more than in the sample.

I don't know what to think of it yet on it's own but I feel track 7 feels like a SAC-investigation-like track that's going to suddenly be particularly great as background music during some investigation scene or traveling scene or something like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1