• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Yona of the Dawn Fantasy Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
IanRootBeerDubber wrote:
KidaYuki wrote:
I currently have the opening theme stuck in my head, someone else catch it from me please?

it'd be nice if funi gets the home video rights because they would probably dub it and then I could convince my dub only friends to watch it. I am perfectly happy with this.

Funimation hardly dubs the theme songs of the anime they license anymore. BTW, who do you imagine singing the opening theme in English?

The opening for Yona is instrumental already, no lyrics. The original post was about dubbing the anime itself.

(...sorry if your post was a joke that totally went over my head. that happens to me a lot.)

No problem. I thought the post was talking about the theme. I haven't seen the anime myself yet, to be honest.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 am Reply with quote
When I see the word "akatsuki", I think of Naruto (Appropriately enough, Troy Baker is Pein while Vic Mignogna is Nagato and Todd Haberkorn did unmasked adult Obito).
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Will this affect Crunchyroll's simulcast? That's the only place for me to watch this anime.

And I didn't know that this would a 2 cour show. That's great. I love it so far.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote
Is this a first or has it ever happened before? I really hope we see more in any case. Non-exclusive streams are better for viewers. I'd love to be able to just pick one of Funimation or Crunchyroll based on actual quality of service and not because of what shows they've managed to snap up and use them for all my anime content.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Is this a first or has it ever happened before?

It's rare but it's happened before, with Attack on Titan and Nobunagun.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:24 am Reply with quote
It's happening quite a bit in the UK. Anime Limited especially are trying to get their content on as many streaming services as possible.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
ikillchicken wrote:
Is this a first or has it ever happened before?

It's rare but it's happened before, with Attack on Titan and Nobunagun.

Also Free! this past season
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
IanRootBeerDubber wrote:
lys wrote:
IanRootBeerDubber wrote:
KidaYuki wrote:
I currently have the opening theme stuck in my head, someone else catch it from me please?

it'd be nice if funi gets the home video rights because they would probably dub it and then I could convince my dub only friends to watch it. I am perfectly happy with this.

Funimation hardly dubs the theme songs of the anime they license anymore. BTW, who do you imagine singing the opening theme in English?

The opening for Yona is instrumental already, no lyrics. The original post was about dubbing the anime itself.

(...sorry if your post was a joke that totally went over my head. that happens to me a lot.)

No problem. I thought the post was talking about the theme. I haven't seen the anime myself yet, to be honest.

I apologies that my post was hard to understand, I worded that poorly. I was indeed referring to just dubbing the anime itself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2