• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Solicitations (Crunchyroll Solicitations: June 2022 & beyond)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Of course, there is the fact FMA is an older series that has been on the market for a while, that it doesn't have the cds that AniPony's editions do (or at least at this point it doesn't), and that the video quality of Funimation's releases tend to be less than AniPony's. But many fans don't tend to care about such things or aren't videophiles to the point where they can visually see the differences that others can (I'm one of those that normally can't see a difference or doesn't care).
Well, we can at least hope that it isn't a poor upscale. Though I think I'm sticking with the good 'ol 13-disc singles, I'm glad Funi managed to get this Blu-Ray edition as they aren't often able/willing to release BDs for old catalogue titles when Japan goes back and creates Blu-Rays. See also: Ikki-Tousen, Kiddy Grade, Love Hina, Shuffle!, Air, Kanon, Gankutsuou, Last Exile (2003), Mushishi, Rumbling Hearts, and probably others I'm forgetting.

Now let's just hope that there are still some FMA fans out there who value the 2003 version enough to make Funi's efforts worthwhile.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero is already a SAVE title? That makes me very sad, if it's due to low sales. It's a fun show. Anime cry
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero is already a SAVE title?
Not to mention, another "Let's make sure only the low-res version stays in print!" title.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero is already a SAVE title?
Not to mention, another "Let's make sure only the low-res version stays in print!" title.

And nothing of value was lost. Cool
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:09 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

Ouch. Below the belt man.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
via FUNimation Shop & TRSI:

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) (DVD) - 300 minutes - $29.98 - 10/6/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=114327
Quote:
Special Features: Actor Commentaries; Original Videos- Vol. 1: A New Combat Suit?, Vol. 2: How to Be a Mature Woman?, Vol. 3: Bonds of Holy Water Student Council Edition, Vol. 4: Mixed Bathing on the Beach, Vol. 5: Ranking Battle Side-story - Sexy Alternate Version, Vol. 6: Beautiful Dark Clan Warrior Miu; Promotional Videos; Akatsuki Promo Video; Haruka Promo Video; Miu Promo Video; Textless Songs; U.S. Trailer; Trailers

Dance in the Vampire Bund: Complete Collection (S.A.V.E. Edition) (DVD) - 300 minutes - $29.98 - 10/6/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=114334
Quote:
Special Features: Intermission 1-12, Original Commercials, Promo Video, Textless Songs, Trailers

Fairy Tail, Part 17 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $54.98 - 10/6/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=114328
Quote:
Special Features: TBA

Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 116 minutes - $39.98 - 10/13/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=114329
Quote:
Special Features: Inside the World of Ghost in the Shell Part 1, Blu-ray & DVD Spots, Memory of GR –Making of Arise–, Promotional Videos, Commercial, Theatrical Trailers, Textless Openings, Textless Closing, Logicoma Root, border:less project, COLOR, FORESEEING 2007, WORKING HIGH, memory, Yuki Will Never Forget Kenji, Ghost in the Shell New Movie Teaser, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

One Piece: Season 7, Part 3 - 300 minutes - $39.98 - 10/27/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=114335
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries, U.S. Video Extras, Textless Songs, Trailers
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Hallelujah. Been Waiting for this. Too bad its October release. I've been wanting to re-watch it with the dub to see if it improves my previous tepid response to the material.

Kruszer wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Ouch. Below the belt man.
Its not like the show was aiming for anything above the shoulders. Laughing
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
WTK wrote:

Hallelujah. Been Waiting for this. Too bad its October release. I've been wanting to re-watch it with the dub to see if it improves my previous tepid response to the material.

1-3 are on Netflix, if you wanted to watch at least those.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
1-3 are on Netflix, if you wanted to watch at least those.

I already own Funi's first 2, but I'm holding off re-watching till I get the last 2. I'm a big GITS fan, so I was going to get these anyways. I'm not going to pick up Alternative Architecture if it gets released as I feel its just a money grab.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Waiting for my employment situation to change before I jump in on snagging up Ghost in the Shell: Arise, for as much as I want it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Its not like the show was aiming for anything above the shoulders. Laughing

You can definitely do far worse in terms of fanservice oriented shows though. This one actually has a decent storyline, and a main character who's not a wimp for once, which is more than other shows in the same genre. Anyhow, that's all off topic.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:18 am Reply with quote
Hey, this would put more value on my Dance in the Vampire Bund BD- I never bought Aesthetica because I have standards such as entertainment being entertaining- but Dance is Shaft so I won't be getting rid of it.

At the moment. Waiting...

10 months and I've only purchased two Funimation titles with no future titles getting my interest.

Future Diary needs the OVA, I'd love to get Shana 3 in a SAVE collection or otherwise, where's all their license rescues that aren't Bebop? For that matter, where's all their streaming titles? I have D Frag and Nobunagun, where's No-Rin? It's going to be joining the C Cubed club, isn't it?

Do they have a personal vendetta against Yukari Tamura or does it just seem like it to me?
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
I have D Frag and Nobunagun, where's No-Rin? It's going to be joining the C Cubed club, isn't it?

Actually no, they confirmed some time ago that No-Rin would be getting a home video release. Now the big question is whether it'll be dubbed or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 46