• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion Gets English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katscradle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Yay!!! April can't get here quick enough.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
It's not all the same stuff, but the Japanese LE has quite a bit more stuff. It does look like there's no point getting the English LE if you already have the Japanese one, unless you really, really want those postcards.

and the English dub.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Now if only we could get a blasted dub and BD release for Blast of Tempest.

I've been waiting for this too. I hope it happens some day.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
and the English dub.

I'm only talking about the limited-edition bonus stuff. The regular one has the English dub, too. But the LE is mostly redundant if you have the Japanese one already.
Trypticon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:46 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
More than you'd think, actually; for one, they fiddled with Sayaka's magical girl outfit(she now has a fortissimo hair pin), so they weren't exactly cheaping out.

I noticed this when I saw Rebellion in theaters and from when I put the other two movies on when I practice.

Fortissimo, which means to play loud/strong dynamically; also derived from the word forte which is strong, or defined as the strong part of a sword blade, between the middle and the hilt.

Interesting, and it's on Sayaka's head; and Sayaka's stubborn or, for a better choice of words "headstrong." Interesting indeed.

Come to think of it, when my order arrives, I may have to do a Madoka movie day on a weekend or time off period; May is looking like a good time to use some of my holidays. I should consider banking overtime at some point; it can accumulate pretty fast.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
Red Fox of Fire wrote:
I wonder if I've reached $1,000 spent on this series yet...

If you did, then you're one of helluva fan. And you will have my respect even though I'm not big fan.

Between domestic/import BD, figures, and other merchandise I have most definitely exceeded the $1k mark. I cannot say that about many other franchises. MadoMagi, DOG DAYS, and Fate are probably my top three as far as expenses go.

I would like to check out this dub. I like Cristina Vee's voice.
Gonstead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Between domestic/import BD, figures, and other merchandise I have most definitely exceeded the $1k mark. I cannot say that about many other franchises. MadoMagi, DOG DAYS, and Fate are probably my top three as far as expenses go.

I'll chime in a second having exceeded the $1k mark with Madoka Magica. Most of that is due to figures though, haha.

luffypirate85 wrote:
I would like to check out this dub. I like Cristina Vee's voice.

I'm excited to hear the entire cast performing new material, especially now that I've heard the much improved acting from the movie dubs.

I wish good luck to Xanthe Huynh in her role as Nagisa / Bebe as well. I hope she does a good job.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
Considering the differences in how they describe the English LE and the import LE (now called the collector's edition!), I don't think so.

http://www.madokamagicausa.com/rebellion/
And this is why you check the solicitations for imports. I'd completely failed to think about that third disc(I've never touched it since it's unsubbed); thinking about it, the box will probably be far less interesting as well.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
and the English dub.

I'm only talking about the limited-edition bonus stuff. The regular one has the English dub, too. But the LE is mostly redundant if you have the Japanese one already.

The first release of Rebellion did not have an English dub. So the question is how similar are the first LE and this new dubbed LE. They appear to be similar enough that I will probably only get the standard BD.
Marimai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:12 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the UK will get the movies now? I know a 3 disk blu-ray is impossible but who knows, I would be just glad to get Rebellion really.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
The first release of Rebellion did not have an English dub. So the question is how similar are the first LE and this new dubbed LE. They appear to be similar enough that I will probably only get the standard BD.

I... that... but that's exactly what I said in my original post! Which apparently didn't make sense, because you tried to correct it, twice.

This sort of thing's been happening to me a lot lately. Maybe I should give up on English and learn a new language...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4