• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Chain is awesome. I knew she was trolling Zapp with that phone call, but it was still hilarious.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
I could not decide whether to feel sad or find it funny when Zapp spoiler[started to cry as he had to repeat everything his master was saying about him]. The master was kind of a douche, but he was not wrong with Zapp being terrible, but he can still be useful.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Opened with a plane crash attack.
Black's alter ego is not very likeable.
Zapp's reactions can be just disrespectful sometimes.
Lots of action this time + some cool teamwork.
White has a hard decision to make..]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
What a start. Nice of the producers to throw in a few quieter scenes halfway through to allow viewers to catch their breath.

More hints on Mary's "condition" as well as the relationship she shares with Black/Black's Alter Ego.

That scene at the end, the nickname "Black" seems quite apt given the tears he's shedding.

Not more to go before the end of this series, even the trailer for next week seems to suggest so.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

A well-rounded although I'd still say intense episode especially for the first half. Glad to see Zed getting some spotlight in this show. Now we also learn more about White and Black too.

Yeah, I this series will be a 1 cour going by this pacing but so far, it has been pretty entertaining each week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Yeah, I this series will be a 1 cour going by this pacing but so far, it has been pretty entertaining each week.

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/3720/time

Confirmation on show schedule above.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Thought that "Black" and "White" are odd names, they appear to only be nicknames when they are actually William and Mary. And the evil guy is holding William hostage so that Mary can get Leo's eyes. I did like the deliberation we saw that she really does not want to hurt Leo that she cares about, but family wise she is supposed to help her brother.

Oh, and they got a new team member, although he was not to happy at the surprise.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:40 am Reply with quote
Hummm, to be honest I never really found dark to be an interesting character (white is, however, very interesting). Good character who get possessed by evil and befriend the main character aren't exactly rare and black isn't particularly well executed. So I guess I'm a bit disappointed that he's gonna be a major focus for the last few episode.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm not interested in William, but I am interested in both the King of Depravity and Mary's dilemma, so he's interesting by proxy.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Zapp was being mean again.
Zed, Zapp & Leo... what a trio ^^"
Are there no normal restaurants in town?!
Pretty funny episode.
Things got more serious near the end.
Looks like next episode will be more interesting.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

That was crazy! Crazily good with the God of Chow, a lot of havoc, and food shenanigans. I just find the humor of this series to be very appealing.

Kinda curious at why White wants Leo's eyes. Also, Black is really a mysterious character. I can't read what's on his mind most of the time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
The time-honoured trick of starting the story in the middle and then working back from the front to find out what happened.

I'm not sure if it was Leo's eyes or his hypoglycaemic imagination acting up when he saw the God of Food, but after what he and his colleagues went through just to find a meal I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

What ever happened to the big fight we were all supposed to see involving Klaus and the alien army?

Why on earth is next week's episode a "special episode" which looks to recap everything we've seen so far when there are only two episodes to go?!
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
What ever happened to the big fight we were all supposed to see involving Klaus and the alien army?

Why on earth is next week's episode a "special episode" which looks to recap everything we've seen so far when there are only two episodes to go?!

Both of these seems to point at he show running out of budget.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Both of these seems to point at he show running out of budget.

For the second question, that will have to wait until next week to see if it is really to save on budget. The show has a habit of throwing viewers off the scent with off-the-cuff improvisations.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

This episode was actually pretty good, I think says something that I really like about this series. The big conflicts with crazy ass aliens and monsters don't matter as much to me as those characters caught up in the acts. In the episode we saw a run up of a crazy event in a dangerous threat, but the biggest more enjoyable part seemed to be just the insane journey Leo, Zap, and Zed took in finding some food. The start had us head scratching about what exactly happened and we knew that it was going to be doomed from the start as we them reach that point. I thought that the way it was dealt in the actual fight be deligated to a couple sentences and saying that they went back to the first place where Zap got food poisoning, was a great way to handle it.

Some episodes have been more "plot" heavy, but really when they are dealing with things hard to comprehend, the episode itself can become a little hard to comprehend. Which has made these character defining moments in whatever way it can, great parts. In honesty, male characters actually are not often a big part of liking how they interact for me, in this series I general really like the male characters, even think of Klaus as being a cool gentleman badass.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 12