• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reveals More English Dub Cast for Sailor Moon R Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, looks like Viz is moving along at a pretty good pace. Looks like we're gonna have to treat this like South Park. Do a vol. set a year if we want to get the entire thing.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Wait a minute! Wasn't someone named Christopher Smith supposed to play Demande? Or was that Mercer? I saw Smith's Twitter post about it.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
And now Rena Mandel as Esmeraude joins Teryl Rothery, Jennifer Darling, and Kelly Manison as English VA's who had to take on the challenge of the most ear-breaking superior-laughs in all anime... Shocked
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Wait a minute! Wasn't someone named Christopher Smith supposed to play Demande? Or was that Mercer? I saw Smith's Twitter post about it.

He deleted it a day later so he likely broke an NDA & got replaced as a result.
Felis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I hope Viz is dubbing Sailor Moon Crystal off the Blu-ray video and not the streaming video if they are dubbing it already. This twitter post makes me worry that they are going to dub and release Sailor Moon Crystal with the streaming video just to get it out faster in the US.
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
FireChick wrote:

I understand he broke NDA but was it really necessary to fire him?
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordering. I didn't mind the Doom Tree arc since it was one of those episodes that introduced me to Sailor Moon. And the first set of R has the first Black Moon arc episode too. Sounds good. Very Happy
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a pretty good cast. I hope Rena lives up to Kirsten Bishop's portrayal of Esmeraude. Also looking forward to hearing Matt Mercer, Cassandra Morris, Jessica Gee, and Cindy Robinson again. Surprised they gave Cindy another role, but she's a very versatile actress, and I know she'll do great.

Amara Tenoh wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
FireChick wrote:

I guess the mentality is: if they let one person slide by with breaking NDA, they have to let them all slide by. By letting go actors that don't follow the rules, it will encourage other actors to not do the same. Just my take. Razz It's a damn shame though. I hope Smith gets another role in the show...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Preordered.
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/Sailor_Moon_NA/status/584120242676314114

Blu-ray masters confirmed for Crystal.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Sandy Fox is doing Rini well, much better than the first actor. Need to hear more of her range before comparing her to Stephanie Beard since Beard only did S and Super S with a wide range compared to just a short clip for Fox.

As for the Prince Diamond situation, kind of conflicted. Although I prefer Mercer over Smith considering the roles I've heard from them for Diamond, I don't think Smith should have been bumped off. I thought I heard some VAs saying roles before officially announced beforehand, especially in the teasing deparment. Hope he can voice another major role down the line.
Darkabomination

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
What has me excited about s2's casting is that Sandy Fox is Chibi, so we get Disgaea characters Etna and now Flonne. She's perfect for Chibi, though I'll be sad if there's not redubs of some of Flonne's lines edited into anime clips.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Jessica Gee? Ehhh....only really know her as Zhu Rong from Dynasty Warriors. Nice to see unknowns mostly. The man playing Saphir appears to have roots as a musician.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
NJ_ wrote:

yea even i was wondering about that. rumors and leaks happen all the time so it wasnt news to the most hardcore moonie fans as well as the average otaku so the whole NDA thing is really pegging the BS meter right now. though Cannon as Rubeus? he's even more miscasted that having Todd as Jadeite.

{Edit: Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:44 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
though Cannon as Rubeus? he's even more miscasted that having Todd as Jadeite.

Now this makes me fear what they will do with Sailor Moon S. Its arguably the best season bar none. Watch. We will end up with Laura Bailey as Kaorinite or Sailor Neptune or something. *shudder*

Jennifer Seman would be good as Kaorinite now that I think about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2