• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Secret of One-Punch Man's Success

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:28 am Reply with quote
Great article. Especially interesting to hear about the budget -- I never would have guessed it. (Now I wish I could find out how the animation budget for Dragon Ball Super compares.)

But yeah, this seemed a bit harsh:
Quote:
One-Punch Man is an amusing yet simple concept carried by exceptional execution, be it Murata's art in the manga or this team's incredible animation in the TV series. Under normal circumstances it could get tiresome rather fast, but it has been blessed with artists who can turn this one gag into a full series that's always exciting to look at.

The original webcomic remains interesting and hilarious even without art to speak of Smile.
gustave154

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:56 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:

But yeah, this seemed a bit harsh:
Quote:
One-Punch Man is an amusing yet simple concept carried by exceptional execution, be it Murata's art in the manga or this team's incredible animation in the TV series. Under normal circumstances it could get tiresome rather fast, but it has been blessed with artists who can turn this one gag into a full series that's always exciting to look at.

The original webcomic remains interesting and hilarious even without art to speak of Smile.

One Punch Man looks like a simple story but it gets really interesting once the hero association and world building kicks in. I agree the webcomic is still better because of the hero killer arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4