• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interactive, Rubbing-Activated Hug Pillows Finally Get Release Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
Laughing I LOVE all the Dad and Son talks, man that was funny, just laughing out loud here.
Rensie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
The true evolution is not this, but virtual reality like in SAO, a full NERVE cap. But times aren't ripe yet.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:
The true evolution is not this, but virtual reality like in SAO, a full NERVE cap. But times aren't ripe yet.

Afraid, VR *cough* is here. It's still in the "experimental stage". Razz

And of course there are robots........good lord Japan, wouldn't it be cheaper just to sign up for dating sites? At this rate, if they connect AI to one of these things, it would go all Skynet on us, citing that it's exterminating creepy otaku!
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
Why the heck someone who come from Kyushu Institute of Technology making something like this? He should making something that are better for future humankind.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
In all seriousness, Japan needs to figure out a way to get these sorts of people to go out and actually procreate rather than giving them fewer reasons to leave their houses. It's a generally harmless and kind of amusing toy, but I can't help but wish they were using these researchers for something a little more helpful to their society.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Funny, or sad depending on your view, as it may be I'm gonna need everyone to stay on topic, and also watch the massive amount of excessive quoting. I edited 5 posts for it so let's watch it please. Thank you.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
In all seriousness, Japan needs to figure out a way to get these sorts of people to go out and actually procreate rather than giving them fewer reasons to leave their houses. It's a generally harmless and kind of amusing toy, but I can't help but wish they were using these researchers for something a little more helpful to their society.

I weep for humanity.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Why the heck someone who come from Kyushu Institute of Technology making something like this? He should making something that are better for future humankind.

That's exactly what he's doing!

relyat08 wrote:

Basically, they need to change social expectations, improve living conditions for everyone and get laboral conditions to a first-world level.
Easy peasy.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Yuvelir wrote:

Basically, they need to change social expectations, improve living conditions for everyone and get laboral conditions to a first-world level.
Easy peasy.

Of course! A couple of weekends with a talking hug pillow by his side and Uchimura-san could easily handle the task.

Seriously though, that's kind of the point. Those problems are not easy to solve, that's why directing adequate resources toward them is important.

I don't have anything against these pillows, by the way. I already made a comment earlier that I would consider getting one for certain characters. Give me a Hanekawa, or Megumi Katou and I'm all about it!
DakimakuraLover3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:04 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this site used to sell them but I can't find it on their site anymore
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3