• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime to Return This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
since it flop big time to the point even tomino felt like had to apologize if his story was bad ( which it was in my opinion) ANN even reported

You mean this one where he just said he was disappointed yet still glad how it turned out?
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/nolifes-tomino-and-yoshida-g-reco-interview/

Now lets look at ANN's article: animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-04-24/yoshiyuki-tomino-admits-story-problems-in-gundam-reconguista/.87449
Quote:
Tomino praises the detail and skill of the animation and even apologizes for pushing his staff too far.

He didn't apologize for the anime, if anything
Quote:
He predicts that in 50 years, he will be vindicated, and admits that "personally, I quite like it."

The rest of your post I have no problem with, agree to disagree I suppose. With that said....

For the whole model kits are selling thing (I have seen this thrown around a lot and I have oddly never seen any link), this is a poll from the website Modelers-G that was posted back in February, specifically based on the amount of regular builders buying/liking gunpla from individual series.

http://s11.postimg.org/scxjo7ng3/modelerpoll.png

IBO isn't a flop, but it also isn't exactly flying off the shelf. I'm impressed Turn A is near the bottom. Laughing The meaning behind this? Simple, if the kits are not getting much attention than something like Age this will make Bandai nervous and lose their confidence.
Pierrot wrote:
It doesn't make sense for them to buy all those BDs if they didn't like it.

That is because the BDs for the first volume were only half priced.
Quote:
Not to mention in a recent poll among 26,406 people of all generations, 11.4% of males above 20 picked IBO as their favorite anime of winter season.

I'll comment on the link as soon as I figure out what the article is about.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 still doing better then G reco in model kit sales and that what bandai cares about you say there would have been a season 2 regardless But I wonder how true that really is lets not forget IBO in terms of dvd and Blu ray over all sales is at 10,342 while G reco and AGE is at ( G reco ) 9,012 and 2,270 (AGE) still mind you IBO only as 3 vols out Wink now imagine vol 6

link for proof http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

Last edited by dark13 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
That is because the BDs for the first volume were only half priced.

Volume 2 isn't half priced and it has sold 9,666 copies so far which means it's still performing better than the ones listed.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Good news. I mean, it was kinda obvious with the pacing and it was inevitable but still glad to see it. Can't wait for the show to return later this year.

You can't really judge by the pacing though. G-Crapo had stupidly slow pacing, tried to pick it up really quickly for episodes 22-25 or so like IBO, and just stops there.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
also I looked at the interview again this bite caught my eye

When asked if he felt that Gundam Reconguista had adequately conveyed his intentions, Tomino responds:

No. I think a lot of people got caught up by the exterior, the action scenes. But the people I'd most want to see it probably didn't. That's the guys in the Cabinet, the nuclear energy guys. And I don't expect them to.

a huge number of people didn't understand G reco ( myself as well) Something Clearly went wrong over at sunrise when doing the story of G reco to get this type of comment.

I read through all 5 pages of that comment section Nobody call out ANN about that Tomino report at least not in the comment section.

Last edited by dark13 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot wrote:
Volume 2 isn't half priced and it has sold 9,666 copies so far which means it's still performing better than the ones listed.

May I ask for your source? Dark's only lists first volume sales (I can tell because a lot of finished anime seem to have first volume sales, I know Aquarion Logos reached the 600 mark in its run).
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Pierrot wrote:

May I ask for your source? Dark's only lists first volume sales (I can tell because a lot of finished anime seem to have first volume sales, I know Aquarion Logos reached the 600 mark in its run).
actually its first 3 vols sales I list.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that this show get a second season. Even though the show was slow at some point it was a good Gundam serie.

Beside I still don't give up on a Crossbone Gundam series Razz
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
I'm happy that this show get a second season. Even though the show was slow at some point it was a good Gundam serie.

Beside I still don't give up on a Crossbone Gundam series Razz
hey man if thunderbolt can get an anime whats stopping Cross bone Wink
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Pierrot wrote:

http://www.someanithing.com/3059

Dark listed the average. Not the first volume sales.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
nagpo wrote:
Why? From what I've heard most Gundam fans hate this show.

Maybe its the non-gundam fans that are liking it?

I remember how most gundam fans hated SEED and that show went onto becoming one of the most popular and commercially successful series in the franchise.

Last edited by Zetabag on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:
nagpo wrote:
Why? From what I've heard most Gundam fans hate this show.

Maybe its the non-gundam fans that are liking it?

I remember how most gundam fans hated SEED and that show went onto becoming one of the most popular and commercially successful series in the franchise.

I pretty sure it the Wing and 00 crowd that like it. Give or take a few of course.

It doesn't look like this is going to sell that much more the G-reco, which is apparently considered a huge flop. I don't see this rocketing to Seed stardom.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
which is apparently considered a huge flop

Getting over 9K in sales isn't a flop, at worst it made back its money and this is ignoring the fact it was paired with Try so the budget was very likely split up between the two.

Edit: Pajmo9's next post reveals he was being sarcastic. Welp, I feel stupid, sorry about that. Laughing

Last edited by DuelGundam2099 on Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
pajmo9 wrote:
which is apparently considered a huge flop

Getting over 9K in sales isn't a flop, at worst it made back its money and this is ignoring the fact it was paired with Try so the budget was very likely split up between the two.

I doubt there budgets had anything to do with each other.

On the whole flop issue, I was being sarcastic. I hear people call G-reco a flop all the time but then they'll turn around and call a show that's barely sold any more copies a huge hit. I just think it's funny is all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5