• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fairy Tail Manga to Have 'Important News' on July 27

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:02 am Reply with quote
LMFAO People say they dropped it yet they want it to end, i guess y'all wont be satisfied until the mangas gone forever huh,cause y'all aint watching or reading it so its not affecting you an any way. You just think it would would be cool to express you opinion on a topic that literally has nothing to do with you anymore(you know since you dropped it) but people have to throw in their 2 cents i guess.You type of people crack me up the same way people talk about bleach when the manga said its ending they say they dropped it and they haven't read it in god knows how long yet they still feel the need to say end it,when they dont even read it. Im not saying the mangas great or anything(in all honestly its been BAD for a LONG time know in terms of story although i still enjoy the characters to some extent) and as a person who reads the manga i wouldn't have any complaints if it was to be the final arc but if you haven't read the latest material then why do you have any reason to complain( guess hiro really left his marks on you people to where you cant even get on with your lives LOL). I honesty dont care what the announcement is probably a new anime tho.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
I doubt it's the manga ending. Most big series announce their end only 6-8 weeks before they finish. That would mean there's only like 10 chapters left and that's too few to resolve the conflict and answer the series remaining questions.

If we use the fact that Bleach,AssClass and Gintama all announced endings around 10 weeks prior the the final chapter it doesn't feel logical for this to be an ending announcement.

Recently the series had its 10th anniversary and Mashima talked about a collection of OMakes and his Twitter doodles being made into a book so it might be something related to that.
Cursemark505

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
LegitSnivy wrote:
I doubt it's about an upcoming movie.

I mean, that can still okay a movie

Saku-dono wrote:
Another season, movie or ending... I can tolerate all that, but no to live-action... Anyone seeing that feasible?

You two do realise that a movie was already announced, right? I know they haven't mentioned much about it but wow.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
probobly something related to natsu and lucy I bet

Last edited by Kb24lol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
wonder what it could be...
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:24 am Reply with quote
Cursemark505 wrote:
You two do realise that a movie was already announced, right? I know they haven't mentioned much about it but wow.

To be fair, the movie was announced... and that's it. No staff, plot, concept art, promotional art, or interviews. Just that there's a movie project, and the studio involved. So without an ongoing anime to use as a platform, any news will be revealed through the manga.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:37 am Reply with quote
I hope they announce the 3rd season because its the 2nd best long ongoing series after one piece, so yeh really missing watchin it and people that say its shit just stop watchin anime because ur taste in anime is obviously shit or some wannabe elitetist who probably even enjoy more fillernaruto then FT...
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
I don't understand how people can use the argument about there being "no end in sight" and such.

And i get that there is a bunch of fan service, but at the same time, Hiro isn't exact;y forcing these fan servicing moments to form canon ships and all that, he directly stays on to the plot and story, he just adds them in there, and they tend to usually take one maybe 1 panel, which isn't all that much.

But about the news, I doubt it's about the anime/manga, seeing as it states the manga has something to announce. So its probably maybe another spin off manga like Zero/Ice Trail, maybe the end? But people are right about others announcing it shortly before it ends, and theres still too much to do to end it in 10 weeks. But then again, Bleach is ending, but I think thats no good cause theres too much left to cover in only about 8-10 more chapters, but its ending anyways, most likely due to Jump axing it, it seems at least. So anything is possible and it could be FT announcing its ending sometime in the near future.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:02 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
I hope they announce the 3rd season because its the 2nd best long ongoing series after one piece, so yeh really missing watchin it and people that say its shit just stop watchin anime because ur taste in anime is obviously shit or some wannabe elitetist who probably even enjoy more fillernaruto then FT...
What's your point? Some people may enjoy the fillers of Naruto better and even if they do that's not a disservice to anyone. Stop trying to put people into a box and patronize their enjoyment just because you don't agree with it. Fairy Tail has gotten increasingly repetitive and lackluster. This has been the majority sentiment for the longest time. If people think that than possibly it actually is the fault of the author.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 am Reply with quote
Inb4 it's something about a live action film.
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I doubt it's the manga ending. Most big series announce their end only 6-8 weeks before they finish. That would mean there's only like 10 chapters left and that's too few to resolve the conflict and answer the series remaining questions.

If we use the fact that Bleach,AssClass and Gintama all announced endings around 10 weeks prior the the final chapter it doesn't feel logical for this to be an ending announcement.

You clearly didn't read Bleach's last arc so far.
That was obviously gave the axe. Tite Kubo was building up ridiculously glacially (yet solidly) up to that point, and suddenly needed to rush the whole setting to end in 10 weeks (the foreshadowed Fullbringers appearing at that exact moment just fell flat and the whole scene felt too convinient, the Gerard battle turned completely pointless, and so did Uryuu's battle, because suddenly the big bad just absorbed them all for no reason going to the final act).

Not only that, there's tons of things to be properly solved yet, and that couldn't possibly be done in just 10 more chapters (or even in 30).

If the same happened with Fairy Tail (selling just as well as Bleach), it could turn into the same situation pretty fast.
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Cursemark505 wrote:

To be fair, the movie was announced... and that's it. No staff, plot, concept art, promotional art, or interviews. Just that there's a movie project, and the studio involved. So without an ongoing anime to use as a platform, any news will be revealed through the manga.

They showed concept art for the movie. This is the only thing we know about the movie so far.
http://i.imgur.com/s8tbA0z.jpg
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Could be a "final arc" announcement. Pretty sure Bleach made that announcement...and kept on going for a couple more years.
ETX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
After the chapter that came out today, it's like the entire past years worth of buildup is practically pointless and has been reset. Anyone thinking it's going to be ending anytime soon is delirious. There's still quite a lot of stuff left to cover which should easily provide another year's worth of chapters at the least.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
They showed concept art for the movie. This is the only thing we know about the movie so far.
http://i.imgur.com/s8tbA0z.jpg

I stand corrected. However, there's still a lot of missing information about the project, and a magazine announcement is quite plausible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4