• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Keijo!!!!!!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
myarmor wrote:
Especially when you consider that most of the sports they've been doing (gymnastics,
judo, etc) seem to be those that won't neccessarily build alot of visible muscles.

Have you looked at gymnasts lately? Shocked The only ones without big butts haven't hit puberty yet, and they all have leg muscles a beginner bodybuilder would envy.

Miyanoai wrote:
...it didn't feel over the top fanservice (at least, not anymore than Free! really).

I must've missed the parts in Free! where the boys were rubbing their chests on each other... I am grateful the girls don't moan at every contact though.

This isn't terrible, and it could've been a lot worse. I do like the sports part of it. But the scenes of them pushing the tires with their boobs was painful. They don't seem to have any support, since slinging their melons around like a mace & chain seems to be a tactic. They're all going to have granny droop by the time they're 30.

I wonder if implants would be encouraged or made illegal in this sport? Encapsulated implants could be deadly weapons, but if outlawed, they'd have to go through x-rays every game to make sure they weren't packing.

I give it about a year before Japan makes this a real sport... Rolling Eyes
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:51 am Reply with quote
People made Quidditch into a mutant version of rugby where everyone has brooms between their legs. They'll make this a sport.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:40 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

I have so many questions. Are there weight classes? Age limits? What's a legal target?

Dammit this makes Quidditch look simple.

1) All pro's shown so far has had roughly the same build. Amongst the main trio, only Miyata has a noticeably smaller build, but that can easily be handwaved by her judo training giving her denser muscle fibers then the norm, thus within limits. Alluring Seal does seem to have big advantage in the spar, so it may be part of the Pro world.

2 & 3) All girls so far has been older then 17, so chances are you have to be at least of legal age before you can compete in public sense. I would imagine some form of Amateur play exists, but it's likely just a game, same as hanafuda. Oldest would probably be around 30,same as most full contact sports, with older Athletes going into Coaching, Judging or becoming Announcers.
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

This isn't terrible, and it could've been a lot worse. I do like the sports part of it. But the scenes of them pushing the tires with their boobs was painful. They don't seem to have any support, since slinging their melons around like a mace & chain seems to be a tactic. They're all going to have granny droop by the time they're 30.

I wonder if implants would be encouraged or made illegal in this sport? Encapsulated implants could be deadly weapons, but if outlawed, they'd have to go through x-rays every game to make sure they weren't packing.

I give it about a year before Japan makes this a real sport... Rolling Eyes

spoiler[most of the teachers (so far at least) are retired players, most are at least 30 years old; about implants, I haven't seen one so far in the manga (the english scanlation goes up to chapter 94, beyond the point where the anime's supposed to stop, the manga currently has over 150 chapters), but the players and their swimsuits do get examined before pro matches. Seems like implants aren't allowed, though, but the scanlations haven't reached that part yet]
shadowbringer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
So it's sumo...only you only use your boobs and butt, and compete over a pool, and somehow this didn't end up in the same basket of failed sports as Slamball and X-Arm.

I have so many questions. Are there weight classes? Age limits? What's a legal target?

Dammit this makes Quidditch look simple.

spoiler[so far, there doesn't seem to be weight classes, and there's quite the disparity between character weights, though the lands are stated to have maximum weight limits; what seems to be more emphasized though, is that there are player types -- infighters, outfighters and counters, which should be explained in episode 3 -- and each type has advantageous and disadvantageous matchups; about the age limit, I haven't seen any Keijo students that aren't old enough to have obtained their high school grade, and being too new, too underdeveloped, should be a handicap in the school entrance exams, especially when competing against other well-accomplished athletes; about the upper age limit, I don't know either.. but there's one character in one of the manga's initial chapters who's an active players and is 25. About what are the legal targets.. the answer so far is, any body part, even the feet, though I haven't seen them try to pull an opponent's hair yet]
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:55 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to know what you're covering so we know if we want to see it.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
It would be nice to know what you're covering so we know if we want to see it.

I read it. It's mostly about the mechanics of the game and the ages of the players based on the manga. It doesn't really "spoil" anything.
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
What a cliffhanger ending. Maybe she will get some respect form the ace student during the next episode.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I must've missed the parts in Free! where the boys were rubbing their chests on each other... I am grateful the girls don't moan at every contact though.

don't be, but at elast it won't happen too often.
synaia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
3 eps in and Crunchyroll still hasn't fixed the aliasing in their encodes for the series....
BIN-F

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
3 eps in and Crunchyroll still hasn't fixed the aliasing in their encodes for the series....

Screenshot please.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Sheeeh!

It was a small bit but the pose she took when contorted by the training suit seemed to make her do the pose of Iyami from Osomatsu. She even said "sheeh" when she was sleeping.
Azmodeus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
So my confusion from the transition betwen ep 1 - 2 seems to be the weird format wherein thend of an episode is a preview of the next. Either way, i agree that the way they handled the Vacuum butt canon was pretty good from a shounen sports perspective. it does make me curious how/if they will explain Hananbis style, since her entire shtick is Hip Whip lashing her opponents unconscious. Seems that her moves more then any other would lead to heavy self-injury down the line.
synaia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
BIN-F wrote:
synaia wrote:

Screenshot please.

ep 2 CR: http://puu.sh/rQzOo.png
ep 3 CR: http://puu.sh/rQA5c.png

in comparison to the BS11 airing
ep2 BS11: https://puu.sh/rQzTu.png
ep3: BS11: https://puu.sh/rQAgw.png

heck I'll even throw in an AT-X screenshot from ep 3 and it still looks better then CR.
ep 3 AT-X: http://puu.sh/rQAIb.png
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 am Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
BIN-F wrote:
synaia wrote:

Screenshot please.

ep 2 CR: http://puu.sh/rQzOo.png
ep 3 CR: http://puu.sh/rQA5c.png

in comparison to the BS11 airing
ep2 BS11: https://puu.sh/rQzTu.png
ep3: BS11: https://puu.sh/rQAgw.png

heck I'll even throw in an AT-X screenshot from ep 3 and it still looks better then CR.
ep 3 AT-X: http://puu.sh/rQAIb.png

Okay first the shots you posted from 3 are all identical, the only thing that changes is that NOzomi is like an extra step away.

The one's from Episode two are negligable and basically one shade down on the color wheel, You're overacting to nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12