• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shin Megami Tensei Series Announces 25th Anniversary Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
Please be an exclusive for the Switch, since Playstation has Persona
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
This is exciting, I love this franchise
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:56 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to seeing what this will be. I wonder what the odds of a remake are?
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully that "Next" at the top is only referring to an announcement of "SMT V" and not a release, 'cause it's way too soon after "Apocalypse" (assuming it's the same team). Yamai even said his next project probably wouldn't be ready until 2019, so if they're one and the same, it'd be nice if "V" gets the time and attention it deserves.

Some new versions of the older games would be appreciated, though. "SMT I & II" remakes in the vein of the PSP "Personas," an HD remaster of "Nocturne," a version of "IV" that has all of the gameplay improvements from "Apocalypse"...*sigh* I can dream.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:30 pm Reply with quote
kinda scared, it sounds like it might be a phone game.
1dbad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Some new versions of the older games would be appreciated, though. "SMT I & II" remakes in the vein of the PSP "Personas," an HD remaster of "Nocturne," a version of "IV" that has all of the gameplay improvements from "Apocalypse"...*sigh* I can dream.

Any of these would be amazing, but a good SMT I & II remake is what I'd like the most. It would help the earlier games get more exposure in the west, since it would most likely be localized. And as much as I love them, they could definitely use an update.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Hopefully that "Next" at the top is only referring to an announcement of "SMT V" and not a release, 'cause it's way too soon after "Apocalypse" (assuming it's the same team). .

To be fair Final essentially reused some assets from the original version of IV so of course it had a quick turnaround.

1dbad wrote:

Any of these would be amazing, but a good SMT I & II remake is what I'd like the most. It would help the earlier games get more exposure in the west, since it would most likely be localized. And as much as I love them, they could definitely use an update.

Going for the hat trick huh?

AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Please be an exclusive for the Switch, since Playstation has Persona

With the exception of Nocturne and 4 the main games haven't typically been exclusive and keeping it exclusive doesn't really accomplish much.
DRWii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
To be fair Final essentially reused some assets from the original version of IV so of course it had a quick turnaround.

Except I wasn't commenting on the turnaround from "IV" to "Apocalypse" (and considering how much was recycled, I'm actually kind of surprised it took as long as it did), I was saying I don't want "SMT V" to come out this year because the Japanese version of "Apocalypse" isn't even a whole year old yet. Though I'm saying that on the basis that they'd share the same team; if a completely separate team has been working on "V" for the last few years, then I guess that's okay.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why V would come out this year anyhow given nothing's been announced or hinted at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1