• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Arc Prologue Anime's Promo Video, Story Intro Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
Lady Multi wrote:
They're prologue seems to cover the differences of the ending that are important that were left off of the original anime. It's not going to be the same as the original anime, that is to be expected if this is to be a direct adaption of the new arc without changes (the popular trend of adaptions).

And, honestly, I wouldn't mind a re-do of CCS. Because a re-do will never replace the original. The original is still there is where just as with Sailor Moon. The original Sailor Moon is there for people who want it; and Sailor Moon Crystal is there for people who want the story to be closer to manga canon.

There is nothing wrong with having multiple versions of the same story. I suppose I got de-sensitized to this with El Hazard, Tenchi, Escaflone, Magic Knights Rayearth, and Full Metal Alchemist long before Sailor Moon Crystal came along.

Edit...: (more to have more than one anime version) ...and Cat Girl Nuku Nuku, Oh! My Goddess, Berserk, and Hellsing.

I really love all of the stuff that they did with the anime, but a Crystal like adaption would be interesting, and I agree; the original doesn't stop existing, and it's nice to have multiple versions. It's weird how averse people get.

As an aside, that isn't a fair comparison with Crystal. As someone else noted, this was Naoko getting an adaption closer to the manga. At that, she had some (notable) complaints about the anime and its handling. She had no involvement. With CCS, Ohkawa came on (at some point, I don't know when) to write for the anime. So it isn't like the anime lacks CLAMP's involvement, or deviates from any of the themes, messages or content of the manga. There's no reason it needs a "closer" adaption (like Crystal).

Either way, Ohkawa is back; the director and producer are back. It's still with Madhouse!! I'm excited, and I can't wait to see what kind of key images and PVs we'll get after this OVA comes out. ♥
pikopika

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 am Reply with quote
I don't think I ever cried after watching a PV...until now. Laughing
Gwydion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 pm Reply with quote
The style looks great, and hearing Sakura and Tomoyo's voices actually did make me ever so slightly emotional, lol. That's some strong nostalgia right there. Can't wait!
sukisho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
I doubt that the Ocean Group voice cast will reprise the roles since Sakura and Kero's voice actors (Carly McKillip and Matt Hill) moved to Los Angeles and Li Shaoran's two voice actors (Rhys Huber and Jordan Killik) are no longer in business. Besides, the Ocean Group a.k.a. Inter Pacific Productions went bankrupt in the early 2010s. And Nelvana always cast real children and teens in each anime they license.
Either Studiopolis or Bang Zoom! Entertainment will dub the new Cardcaptor Sakura anime. I am sure in it.

The Nelvana cast would be different if they did it now, since Carly McKillip, Rhys Huber and Jordan Kilik are way older Anime hyper

You forgot to mention the people from the second movie dub, that's what I believe they could use perfectly for the series . Kari Wahlgren (Sakura), Mona Marshall (Syaoran), Michelle Ruff (Tomoyo), ect. Since that was done at Bang Zoom! it'd be the best bet for who to go for Wink Though, Geneon Entertainment were the ones who held that Movie at the time and they are gone, so there would also have to be the people to pick it up which could be a number of companies. I'd say Viz for that Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2