• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johan Eriksson 9003

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
What will happen to Ino's family jutsu if her only child barely practices it?! This is why these ninja families need more kids. It doesn't make sense to have a bunch of only children in a ninja village, when you're probably gonna lose a kid or 2 per class in those not-supposed-to-be dangerous genin missions.

Inojin's disappointing jutsu choices and parents' lack of procreation aside, I love these mostly well adjusted and happy ninja kids and their adorable stories. This episode was cute and fun!

Ino is not the only Yamanaka in Konoha. They are an entire clan remember? Even if she doesn't pass on the mind-transfer jutsu it will probably live on. From a character standpoint though, Inojin should absolutely learn more from his mommy, because she is awesome.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
It's easy to forget that the Yamanaka's have more clan members because the only other prominent Yamanaka character we saw in the original manga was Ino's dad, but I think a few minor Yamanakas showed up to fight at the Fourth Shinobi War, now that I think about it.

I agree that Ino is awesome and Inojin should learn more about her clan's ninjutsu from her. Never hurts to have more tools in your toolbelt!

Still wish more of these ninja families had more than one kid, though. I need a mini-me Temari to go with the Shikamaru clone! Very Happy
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
It's easy to forget that the Yamanaka's have more clan members because the only other prominent Yamanaka character we saw in the original manga was Ino's dad, but I think a few minor Yamanakas showed up to fight at the Fourth Shinobi War, now that I think about it.

I agree that Ino is awesome and Inojin should learn more about her clan's ninjutsu from her. Never hurts to have more tools in your toolbelt!

Still wish more of these ninja families had more than one kid, though. I need a mini-me Temari to go with the Shikamaru clone! Very Happy

not really. one of ino's clan members was a bodyguard for danzo. the same with shino's .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh please, hurry and get to the events of the movie! Mad
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
hate to break it to you, but that is gonna take a while to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bhl88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Boruto learned everything himself, including the Sexy Jutsu, and has two elements.

Does he have water release, or not yet at this point?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I wish the show had covered the written test, too. It was one of my favorite phases of the original chunin exams, and the Shikamaru-proctored written test was the sole high point in the abysmal anime-original exam arc from Shippuden. Plus, it would have provided a great opportunity for some of the nameless background characters to show off their techniques. (Which isn't to say the practical exam won't do that.)
Ethe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
While episode 36 is one of Boruto's best action episodes to date

Is it really? Aside from Ino-Shika-Cho's fight against Anko, there were really no remarkable fights scenes. Some were outright bad, like when Boruto and co. fought Konohamaru.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
I think I don't get the Shadow Clone jutsu. In the first episode of Naruto, Multi-Shadow Clone was a forbidden technique, but it seems like everybody can do it now.

I can't see a difference between Shadow Clone and Multi-Shadow Clone other than a few vs a hundred, and the only reason Naruto can do the latter is because of his limitless chakra, not because it's vastly different from making two or three. And even when he's making dozens or a hundred clones it sounds to me like he always just says "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" rather than "Tajū Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" and the number is determined by what he wants rather than how he performs the jutsu.

So why was Multi forbidden if only a few people in the world had the chakra to pull it off anyway? And if people can do non-Multi, what's keeping them from figuring out Multi on their own (assuming they had the chakra to do it at all)?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
So why was Multi forbidden if only a few people in the world had the chakra to pull it off anyway?

According to the Naruto Wiki, it was forbidden because people with insufficient chakra supplies could injure or kill themselves if they attempted it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Well that's a pretty weak excuse, considering the history of the shinobi in this universe. I mean, they're always endangering people (incl. kids) for the sake of killer-app jutsu. It's practically in their job description.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:29 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it doesn't really gel with everything else we know about this world. Outside of upping the stakes in the series premiere, the technique being forbidden doesn't serve any real narrative purpose. (The career chips from Futurama come to mind.)
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 am Reply with quote
I think the reviewer is confusing the Academy Graduation Exam written portion with the Chuunin Exam written portion. In the Chuunin Exam written portion ninjutsu was used to gather correct answers from the other people taking the test. Apparently a similar test is now employed to graduate from the academy but the only use of ninjutsu skills is to find out what questions will be on the test before it happens.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:41 am Reply with quote
bhl88 wrote:
Boruto learned everything himself, including the Sexy Jutsu, and has two elements.

Does he have water release, or not yet at this point?

that i doubt. i mean how did even know about it in the first place? not from his dad. hinata would kill him.

if the movie is hinting at something, its more or less that konohamaru taught him that!
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Well that's a pretty weak excuse, considering the history of the shinobi in this universe. I mean, they're always endangering people (incl. kids) for the sake of killer-app jutsu. It's practically in their job description.

If I had to guess, I'd say that's a "casualty" of the nature of Shounen JUMP manga. Basically it was a narrative device to use for the "introduction" story that Kishimoto just didn't feel like dealing with once the series was well established and popular. While the forehead protectors are a well established thing, Kishimoto did note that he got rid of Naruto's goggles because they were a pain to draw. If I had to guess, "Shadow Clones" is similar, it was a clever idea to help Naruto transition from "screw up" to "giviing-it-his-all student", but once the story was 50-100 chapters in, we're no longer worrying about a dramatic impact item needed to get serialized.

For me, I figured the main difference for "shadow" clones was that they were more corporeal so Naruto could do things with clones that other genin couldn't. But I NEVER understood the "forbidden" aspect more because other nations had "water" clones and "wood" clones and other types that could all do the same thing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 31