• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: iTunes Japan Orders Available Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to point out that a month or two back a friend in Japan sent me a redemption code for a song in the Japan iTMS, and it won't let me redeem it because I'm not a customer of the Japan store.

Hopefully once I get a Japanese bank account that will be taken care of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
flip
Protoculture Addicts Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
But why give us a link we can't even use (Amazon) Confused

I am the one who forwarded this information to ANN newsroom. Sorry, I didn't know that. I've ordered lots of stuff from amazon.co.jp and never had any problems (but I never ordered electronics). However, I have now indeed verified that some commodities produced for the Japanese market (Software, Game, Electronics, Home & kitchen, Toy & hobby, Sport, Health & beauty, and certain type of Dvds/videos) are subject to geographical restrictions and amazon.co.jp cannot deliver them overseas. Anyway, for that type of product I would usually use Jbox instead of amazon...

That's old news? Who cares?! When I discover an information that I think is cool, I want to share it with people. Often I blog about it or forward it to ANN newsroom. Some people might not know about it and someone might even find it cool too. I do it to help people...

In theory you need to have an address in Japan to use iTunes Japan. Read the instructions on Jbox web site: they explain how to circumvent this problem.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Avacado Burger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quote
blackheart2 wrote:
I can finally get rid of Lime Wire!!

Soulseek > Limewire

I've found some of the most obscure Japanese music on there, and have never gotten a virus from it.
BlaqNumbr9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quote
flip wrote:

That's old news? Who cares?! When I discover an information that I think is cool, I want to share it with people. Often I blog about it or forward it to ANN newsroom. Some people might not know about it and someone might even find it cool too. I do it to help people....

I didn't know about this at all and I'm glad for the info. It's great that we have forums like this to share things that others might have missed. So, thanks Flip!
jpopotaku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
You can also get them at JPopMp3s.com. They sell cards in amounts up to 10,000 yen. They'll also set up your account in iTunes if you buy 5000 yen or over.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2