• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind is Next Level Insanity

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:19 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

I think it's mixture of this and him not knowing what to do with him. Araki kind of messed up by making him a genius with a broken Stand power. At least with Okuyasu, the excuse was that he was stupid who didn't use The Hand in the broken way he could have. And given the story there wasn't a way to avoid him fighting like you could in DiU with characters like Rohan.

Even then though Araki still does have a habit of throwing in broken characters that the heroes have to defeat which they tend to do in some very absurd circumstances.
BlueBeast33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Fugo's departure has nothing to do with Purple Haze, that was just something American fans made up. Araki has already spoken on what his original plans for Fugo were and what he ended up doing in the end, and also how the novel that takes place after Part 5 expands on Fugo's character, but none of it has to do with his stand being overpowered.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2