• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 5 Anime We Most Want to See in Live-Action

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Look enough money was spent any anime could be made into a decent live action film. And hell if this lovefest with Keanu Reeves had only happened a decade earlier we could have had the live action Cowboy Bebop a long time ago along with its 500 M price tag. There is no anime that I have seen that cant be adapted with the right amount of money, its just that its still to this day niche , at least to the point no one is going to drop the 100 plus it would require.

Also like other have mentioned Psycho Pass was just a piss poor homage/remake/rip off of minority report.

One that I would have liked to see was Ergo Proxy with Amy Lee as Re Al but that had to have happened like 15-20 years ago.

I actually think a lot of those old school late 90s early 00s cartoon network anime would work like Wolf's Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, Trigun, Trinity Blood, Outlaw Star Etc.

Record of Lodoss War is another that could have worked but would probably be over shadowed by LOTR.

Honestly I am the type that will watch anything in anime, like I will watch Jane Austin if its anime format, but I dont really have a great desire for anime being turned into live action.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Alestal wrote:
Nausicaa would be extremely epic. @James Cameron Laughing

I also agree that Yuri on Ice would be nice. I'm not sure if many straight male figure skaters would agree with that sentiment though.

YOI is largely popular and well liked in the figure skating community, and even several of the top men, from Nathan Chen to Shoma Uno, have expressed that they like it. I think it would be very easy to find skaters interested in the project! It's not just openly gay skaters like Adam Rippon, Eric Radford, etc. that like it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:58 am Reply with quote
I would so give a literal arm and leg to see "91 Days" get a live-action anime adaptation and for Austin Tindle to have a cameo in that movie, if he wants to!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5