• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What on Earth is going on with the home video release of Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MysticGon

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I have the series on Blu-ray Disc and would love to complete my collection but going on Sentai Filmworks website left me more confused before I went it.

May 25th, 2021 release and it's out of print? How?!

Bundled with the previous recap films? Why?!

Sold for $90 USD? What?!

What on Earth is going on with this release?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, you're right. Not cool, Sentai, not cool. I have to hope there will be some re-release. Personally, I don't mind Dawn of the Deep Soul being bundled with the two compilation films because I want those even though I have the full series. I can understand others who just want Dawn of the Deep Soul being cheesed about that, though.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:00 am Reply with quote
It was a limited-edition release, and they got enough pre-orders to sell all the stock.

https://twitter.com/sentaifilmworks/status/1395529934274285568
Professor Nihil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:40 pm Reply with quote
As a fan who waited and waited but heard nothing for so long and then everything was rapidly unavailable I cannot help but feel like Made In Abyss marketing in the USA fell short of properly promoting the series and it's affiliated products.

Several of my kids enjoyed Made in Abyss much more than Demon Slayer, which they love.

The MIA marketing in the USA seems like a failure to me.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 pm Reply with quote
As an integral part of the main story, much like the Tanya movie, this is pretty piss poor. I could understand if this was a side movie, but it is a continuation of the main story.

Hopefully when the second season comes out, they will release it again.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am Reply with quote
Well, you could order it from Madman Australia (so long as you have an all region player, or region cracking software).

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul

That's AUD. In American dollars that would be $25.72. Plus postage of course.

I ordered the limited edition of the movie on the day of release, but the don't seem to offering it any more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 pm Reply with quote
They have a regular non-steelbook release of the movies that's up for preorder now. Still a little lame that you'll have to get the two recap movies in order to get Dawn of the Deep Soul, but it's not like it just vanished off the face of the earth.

(Speaking of, I'd really love to know what happened with FUNi re: the Bebop movie and the Geass movies. Both got these limited-run steelbooks available for a limited time, and then they just...vanished.)
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:28 am Reply with quote
When I talked to a dealer of Anime LLC at Otakon, he confirmed that "a standard edition will be released later this year." It's just not out yet.

https://www.collectorsanime.com/

I bought all my blurays from them this year. They can be a bit pricey (which I'd actually blame on Aniplex and Nozomi) but they're a really good shop and they stock things nobody else has like limited special editions and such.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1