• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Winter 2022 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that Rebecca isn't doing SasaMiya, but since she's already reviewed the manga I'm interested to see Nicholas's opinion

Last edited by MagicPolly on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nom De Plume De Fanboy
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Police in a Pod didn't make it? Even after ep 2 showed the three lady cops thinking up that splendid animation of the evolution of male cops into their modern dancing form?

Damn, folks, we are going to be missing out. Maybe some of us can keep something going in the Anime/Series Discussion Forum.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:39 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:
Digimon, Yashahime, and Lupin reviews aren't being continued.

How pity. Now I have to wait the series reviews for these animes FOR MONTHS. Wouldn't surprised if you guys will stop reviewing Delicious Precure in Spring 2022 Daily Streaming Review.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Nom De Plume De Fanboy wrote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Police in a Pod didn't make it? Even after ep 2 showed the three lady cops thinking up that splendid animation of the evolution of male cops into their modern dancing form?

Damn, folks, we are going to be missing out. Maybe some of us can keep something going in the Anime/Series Discussion Forum.

If it's not on the posted list, it's not being reviewed this season.

ErikaD.D wrote:
ANN_Lynzee wrote:
Digimon, Yashahime, and Lupin reviews aren't being continued.

How pity. Now I have to wait the series reviews for these animes FOR MONTHS. Wouldn't surprised if you guys will stop reviewing Delicious Precure in Spring 2022 Daily Streaming Review.

These decisions are heavily influenced by reader demand. So yeah, I guess if no one reads the PreCure reviews and it sinks to the bottom of the list that could happen?

Last edited by ANN_Lynzee on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ab2143

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Glad someone’s covering Tokyo 24th Ward as I’m having a difficult time following it.

Super, super excited to read Rebecca’s Vanitas weekly reviews again! Also looking forward to reading the weekly reviews for requiem of the rose king
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:00 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. The streaming numbers for crunchy can't be great. Anyone interested in the show is gonna sail the high Seas for the "cultured" version that airs right after or wait for the BD release. It probably would have made more sense as a hidive release to be honest.
Because the Japanese companies have a lockdown on the uncensored version until the Blu Ray comes out in Japan as buying the uncensored version is the main draw of buying the Blu Ray for these kinds of shows.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm super stoked for Rebecca's reviews of Vanitas and Rose King, I love learning new things from her reviews!

10 out of 11 new shows I'm watching this season made the cut, with the exception of Futsal Boys, but that would have been an uphill battle given that a large majority of shows targeting a female audience don't get the votes. Maybe I'll have time to start Ranking of Kings, as I've heard good things about it and I have literally nothing to watch on Thursdays this season.

If Rebecca is planning on episode 15 being her last review of Yashahime, maybe it will end on a somewhat high note? spoiler[Moroha finally reuniting with Inuyasha and Kagome, and Inuyasha never really letting her go for the entire episode (holding her as she cried, slept, and giving her a piggyback ride as she was sleeping) had me all in my feeling yesterday]
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Nick got to flex his creative writing skills with EX-ARM. And James his with Fruit of Evolution. Let's see if Steve and World's End Harem make three for three.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:18 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
Angel M Cazares wrote:
The only thing wrong with World's End Harem is that Crunchyroll is streaming it censored. I don't see the point of watching a boobs show censored.
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. The streaming numbers for crunchy can't be great. Anyone interested in the show is gonna sail the high Seas for the "cultured" version that airs right after or wait for the BD release. It probably would have made more sense as a hidive release to be honest.
You'd be amazed how many people there are who haven't the slightest idea how to pirate and figure the black boxes are as good as it gets.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
09jcg wrote:
Because the Japanese companies have a lockdown on the uncensored version until the Blu Ray comes out in Japan as buying the uncensored version is the main draw of buying the Blu Ray for these kinds of shows.

HIDIVE was able to stream the uncensored verson of Kandagawa Jet Girls before the BD release in Japan. Crunchyroll should press the licensors for the uncensored version of World's End Harem. It is one thing to watch a censored show with only 4-5 nudity scenes in total, but WEH has tons of nudity.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:50 pm Reply with quote
sure, 3 weeks after the show began and for a very brief window. Might happen later with this show, might not. Arguing over titties seems kinda silly though
09jcg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
sure, 3 weeks after the show began and for a very brief window. Might happen later with this show, might not. Arguing over titties seems kinda silly though
I mean...no one's watching it for the plot...
primalmaximus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:49 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
getchman wrote:
I mean...no one's watching it for the plot...

I'm honestly more excited to read the daily streaming reviews for it. Because after reading the manga, I know the series is going to be . . . interesting, to say the least.
primalmaximus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I really feel bad for Mercedes. She has to review Akebi's Sailor Uniform, and if you guys thought the first episode was weird, from what I could handle reading of the manga, it gets even creepier.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Florete wrote:

I'm someone who doesn't normally watch those series because of that same tired MC, and I'm watching this because Gojo is (so far) not that same tired MC. It's just two episodes, though, and he was worse in the 2nd, so it could still get bad. But when I finished the first episode all I could think about was how much better he was than the guy in Komi Can't Communicate. That guy was a complete nobody with zero aspirations who ends up where he does by complete chance. Gojo, on the other hand, has something he's very passionate about (and it's not some stereotypical otaku hobby) and ends up where he does as a result of it.

I didn't think about it, but yeah I agree with that, Gojo feel a lot more like a human rather than the usual self insert/wish fullfilment character we usually get in this kind of show.

Although Ep.2 seriously decrease my interest in the show I'm hoping its just an anomaly and the rest won't be fanservice bunkage with no plot/character progression.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5