• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which L.A voice actors will still appear in the upcoming Crunchyroll dubs ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:07 pm Reply with quote
CR already recast Kyle McCarley and some cast in the upcoming Mob Psycho S3 dub, and then Faye Mata make a respond on a twitter to her fans, that due to the CR mob recast/ not unionized controversy she will giving up/ step down her role in any Crunchyroll dubs like Aqua in konosuba.

If Crunchyroll still not listening, i'm pretty sure they will not return in upcoming Crunchyroll dubs. so Which L.A voice actors will still appear in the upcoming Crunchyroll dubs ? either they were non union or still willing to appear on CR dubs.

Source of Faye Mata's tweet : https://twitter.com/FayeMata/status/1572900259411664901
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Faye Mata didn't say she was stepping down from her role as Aqua. She said if there was a situation where she was forced to risk giving up her role to stand up for the right thing she would but she didn't say she was quitting the role. Most recently the newest Gundam film had an LA union dub and it was distributed by Crunchyroll so it's clear most LA dub VAs are still willing to work with Crunchyroll if Crunchyroll is willing to work with them. I expect to only see LA VAs on Crunchyroll titles in the future in circumstances like Lycoris Recoil which was an Aniplex title and they commissioned an LA studio for the dub. Kyle McCarley has also recently clarified in an interview with the Cartoon Cipher that not everyone is being recast in the Mob Psycho s3 dub and the dub is at least partially being done in LA. Most dub LA VAs are still willing to work with Crunchyroll but the onus is on Crunchyroll to provide the opportunity.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I expect to only see LA VAs on Crunchyroll titles in the future in circumstances like Lycoris Recoil which was an Aniplex title and they commissioned an LA studio for the dub.

And what about some previous CR dubs that was being produced in L.A, many of them had a new season like Iruma S3, Shield Hero S3, In/Spectre S2, Konosuba S3 and its spinoff "an Explosion on This Wonderful World".

are the L.A VA's like Cristina Vee, Kayli Mills, Brianna Knickerbocker, Jackie Lastra, Zach Aguilar, Ryan Bartley, Keith Silverstein, Lizzie Freeman, Erica Mendez, Jeannie Tirado, Erik Scott Kimerer, Anairis Quinones, Zeno Robinson etc still able to appear in any future CR dubs ( the one that was not an Aniplex anime ) ?

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Kyle McCarley has also recently clarified in an interview with the Cartoon Cipher that not everyone is being recast in the Mob Psycho s3 dub and the dub is at least partially being done in LA.

So are we expect nothing to change after the backlash on social media ? look on twitter, especially CR tweet and retweets. Many comments filled with disappointment and ask CR to meeting with SAG-AFTRA and Kyle with an hashtag #Justameeting, and SAG-AFTRA twitter account also ask the same thing to CR.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1