• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Hell's Paradise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
druv

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:16 am Reply with quote
A thing that bothered me a little bit (maybe mostly because it's so common) is that of course using tao has limits. Which is mostly shown when it's the female character or characters using it, naturally.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:24 am Reply with quote
druv wrote:
A thing that bothered me a little bit (maybe mostly because it's so common) is that of course using tao has limits. Which is mostly shown when it's the female character or characters using it, naturally.

Gabimaru did faint, presumably because he used too much tao. Sagiri hasn't fainted yet, so I'd say she's doing better at the moment. I guess the difference is that, due to his upbringing, he was able to ignore the side effects during the battle.
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:58 pm Reply with quote
A satisfying finale.

I have a feeling that Gabimaru's wife is 'real' but possibly a powerful shinobi manipulator / final boss. Possibly the old man musclehead is dead or doesn't exist in some sense.

There is some rising theme of sex, touch, intimacy and sensuality building with respect to Tao. From the bochu jutsu to Nuragai hugging people, it wouldn't be out there if Gabimaru's 'wife' could brainwash him by intimately manipulating Tao in his head.

The question of his wife also furthers the possibility of Gabimaru and Sagiri getting closer together. Though it's also possible that Mei could mature and fulfill that role.

Anyway, I think it's likely that pairings of Sagiri X Gabimaru and Shion X Yuzuriha are gonna have to bochu jutsu sometime to get stronger. Though that doesn't necessarily mean they have to go all the way into full blown congress. Similar to Gabimaru's intimacy with his wife, they could get there merely by closer relationship.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad Senta got to go out a hero and dying in the arms of the woman he admired. He deserved that much at least, and was probably the least Yuzuriha could do for him. And boy was it satisfying to watch them finally kill a Tensen in all their flower-y glory.

New outfits! Yuzuriha gotta commit to the exposed cleavage and thighs, huh?

What timing to end on the debate as to whether Gabimaru was brainwashed into thinking he had a wife while he's just lost his memory of everything, including his wife, other than him still being an Iwagakure ninja. Basically setting back all his character development and group dynamic with everybody in the cast.

And now we've got new Asaemon's heading to the island who look like they'll be less than happy about the executioners working with the convicts, especially with Sagiri being committed to making sure everybody survives.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3