• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Edjwald wrote:
The implication that Arnie remembers killing our MC in the previous incarnation seems a bit odd.

If he does remember that, he might still not realize that person was her, or even a woman.

I can't really point to one thing to say, "Aha!" I just know the idea keeps pinging my radar now and then, so we'll see.

Completely off-topic, has anyone else noticed that the thumbnails below for the Like a Dragon game review and MHA6 BD revue are practically identical? Very Happy

[EDIT: Took and added a screen cap for easier and future-proof reference. Wink -TK]
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:54 am Reply with quote
So I watched today's episode wondering if the prince were also in a time loop...

And it occurred to me...if he's caught in some endless cycle and can't get out of it....

...and it's like a Groundhog Day loop where the same people are always doing the same

thing unless he specifically causes a butterfly effect...

....and then he meets a woman who's doing something completely different than one of the

previous times he saw her...

....well, that might fit in with his actions and his delight at not being able to predict her

. Maybe he's hoping that she will help him break out of whatever cycle he's caught in?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, I just imagined what a nightmare of a show it would be to have several characters experience their own ground hog day at the same time while other characters are used to make changes and kind of go from repeat to repeat without realising it and everything having an influence. Just a random thought, mind you.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:50 am Reply with quote
That could be a lot of fun. A reincarnator, a regressor, a straight-up Isekai summon, and a former demon lord waking up from suspended animation all walk into a bar...I mean, an anime....
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:22 am Reply with quote
We can at least count on little brother to throw some wrenches into the works.

I wonder what sort of business plan she'll come up with to woo Trader Joe with.

And thanks for the image help Tony. I didn't think the coincidence was worth the effort, so it was a very nice thing for you to do. Very Happy But now I can't unsee that I spelled "review" as "revue." Ouch.

[EDIT: Correct your spelling of "ouch" from "och." Wink -TK]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

HA HA, GINA KAN'T SPEL!!!

A few mornings ago I decided to drop 10 out of my 36 currently airing titles. This was one of them. I changed my mind. In fact, I've reinstated all 10 shows to my weekly menu. I'm glad I decided to continue on with this one. Adding a bratty younger brother helps. As for speculation over Arne's possible time looping: definitely possible. He does seem to be improving, which could be indicative of an awareness developed by repeating lives, although the way Rishe is perceiving that is that he isn't as bad as she thought. I guess the fact that he murderlized her makes her a bit biased about him being a dick...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 pm Reply with quote
TK wrote:
[EDIT: Correct your spelling of "ouch" from "och." Wink -TK]

But...but that wasn't a typo! I was channeling the Scottish part of my roots. Now if the "revue" blunder made you wince and say "ouch" well, that's you. But it made me utter a disgusted "och."
Edjwald

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:40 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Episode 4

A few mornings ago I decided to drop 10 out of my 36 currently airing titles. This was one of them. I changed my mind. In fact, I've reinstated all 10 shows to my weekly menu. .

Heh. I'm going to start calling you Blood Pudding Wink

Blood- wrote:
Episode 4

I guess the fact that he murderlized her makes her a bit biased about him being a dick...

Geez, some people just have no sense of humor...

And Gina, I've got your back. I totally picked up on you being from the little known Clan Szanboti. In fact, when I recently wrote "applys" instead of "applies" it was because of my Welsh heritage....

(Still trying to figure out how to bring up the subject of my dumbass heritage tactfully)
Edjwald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:03 am Reply with quote
Welp, the plotline with Theodore progressed a lot more quickly than I thought it would. Not that I mind as long as some ass kicking also progresses quickly. Theodore's only been in two scenes, and I'm already sick of the poisonous little asshat. I'm not quite sure how he's survived this long...he seems pretty transparent.

Also didn't see the betrayal by two of Elise's attendants coming. I figure the maid either told the MC about Theodore's approaches immediately and this is some kind of reverse sting operation, or Theodore is using the maid's family as leverage. It's possible that the guard has been in Theodore's pocket for a long time, but the maid's elevation was too sudden and unexpected for her to be a long running agent, and the way she was being bullied at first makes her being a seasoned schemer and sociopath seem unlikely.

Either way, here's hoping the prince is the only one who knows the MC has some serious fighting skills.

I like that the MC has been genuinely resourceful and using her brain. The merchant's reversal from skepticism to near worship was pretty dramatic, but combining magic and cosmetics and making an economic argument combining several factors and then using personal knowledge of the merchant's emotional weak points from a previous life...at least the show worked for the moment, and I appreciate that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

There had been signs of it earlier, but this past episode really cemented it for me in terms of understanding one of the genres this title belongs to: namely The Administrator genre. This genre doesn't get a lot of chatter... possibly because I just invented the name for it right now... but there's been a number of Administrator genre shows in the last little while. Just in case what I mean isn't clear from the name, an Administrator show is one where one of the principal pleasures is watching the main character either grow a local economy from scratch (there was an isekai farming show that did that not too long ago or there's Reincarnated as a Slime) or else the MC takes a bad economy and improves it. Naturally, it's not just the economy that improves, but the Administrator usually improves social conditions as well given their benevolent natures. So this is a shojo reincarnation fantasy administrator show for anybody who is curious. Smile
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:24 pm Reply with quote
So I watched this one all the way through even though I stopped posting about it the last couple episodes, and now that the final episode dropped, I thought this anime was pretty solid and enjoyable all the way through. I like the MC, and as big of an asshat as Prince Arnie is, I still find him more interesting than Prince Sulkypants over on Doctor Elise is Really a Magical Healing Girl.

And I'll say this too...I've seen a lot of anime where somebody went back in time to prevent an assassination or kill a demon lord or whatever, but I haven't seen many where somebody went back in time and tried to change a human heart. Huh, that's weird. As soon as I wrote that sentence, I heard it as a voiceover on a trailer. Anyway, I liked this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm Reply with quote
It would make a good trailer line, in David Kaye's voice. Wink

I liked it too, much better than I expected going in. Richard Eisenbeis made it his runner up Best of Season, though I'd not rank it so high. Still, I'd definitely like to see more, but who knows. We still don't know what precisely she did in that 5th life, do we? Just that she might've been a ninja or something. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3