• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket App Announced for iOS, Android in 2024

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually kinda excited for this! If anything, because I'm hoping that some of the cards they have shown in here are slated to be released as official cards down the line. The Gardevoir especially, because that one was exclusive to Japan and is one of the few Gardevoir cards I don't own. It was modified to be the Psychic type versus the Fairy type as originally printed (showing that we aren't getting the Fairy type back to the TCG anytime soon), but nevertheless, my excitement over possibly having that card in English one day is extremely high.

But the game in general just looks like it'd be fun. And something easy to get into and enjoy on my own, although trading with friends would be neat too.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I hope it keeps the same low level of gacha-ness as the online client because that's one of the things I like. You cannot directly pay the online game to give you online cards. You have to buy real-life cards first, so it completely evades the modern "online gambling" conundrum by giving you something of tangible value by default. (I also believe it limits the amount of QR-code packs you can receive but I haven't really checked that far.)
Nigel Planter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:59 am Reply with quote
I've never known an online card game to allow trading between other players outside the original MTGO. That's a big blow to monetization and seems like something companies would never allow. I wonder if that's an error or it will be heavily regulated and limited.
Blue Senpai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:27 am Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
I hope it keeps the same low level of gacha-ness as the online client because that's one of the things I like. You cannot directly pay the online game to give you online cards. You have to buy real-life cards first, so it completely evades the modern "online gambling" conundrum by giving you something of tangible value by default. (I also believe it limits the amount of QR-code packs you can receive but I haven't really checked that far.)

Booster packs are just tangible gacha. But at least you can just buy a bunch of code cards by themselves in this case.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1