• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Manga on Feb 18 Booklist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:49 am Reply with quote
Based on what's on the list, the following manga would be a best seller: The Dieting Girl's Guide to Spirtual Happiness and Romance. Wink

Seriously though, is it just me or do most of the titles on there seem a little. . . weak? There's a couple of dieting books, some trashy romances, a few self-help books that mostly help the author to get rich, and then a fair amount of decent fiction further down the list. Still, it seems like there's a lot of stuff but not much really worth reading.

And does it scare anyone else that One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish is on there?
Jamee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 am Reply with quote
Come on Naruto volume 13! You can do it!
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote
Is no manga on Booklist really news?

Jamee wrote:
Come on Naruto volume 13! You can do it!

Oh, it can and it will Twisted Evil Believe it!
oyukisamaUY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
If you want to be a bestseller, you gotta go on oprah, or be a hack novelist, like James Patterson or Nora Roberts. Most people who buy books are housewives, so the best sellers tend to be everyday romance, mystery, or self help titles.

As for One Fish, Two Fish.....there was some nationwide Dr. Seuss thing going on in Feb. so that's probably why.

Just a quick note, most of the manga lately have been non-popular or brand new titles. Tokyo Pop's and Viz's once-a-year releases, like Vagabond or King of Hell. Good titles, but not very popular. Naruto 13 is out now, along with Zombie Powder and IS, so we should see some action on the list soon.

These are my observations as a bookseller, just to let you know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1