• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ADV Manga That's Started Again

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:05 pm Reply with quote
According to my Border's internal computer Gunslinger Girl vol. 3 AND 4 are supposed to be released this month. I highly doubt that ADV would release both volumes in the same month. Anyone had this problem or is my Border just screwed up?
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
According to my Border's internal computer Gunslinger Girl vol. 3 AND 4 are supposed to be released this month. I highly doubt that ADV would release both volumes in the same month. Anyone had this problem or is my Border just screwed up?

TRSI says that #3 is out now and that #4 is coming out at the end of this month.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/GzZHcf6D9kf0T8xAyI/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking I"S so I'll just order volumes 4-7 along with Gunslinger Girl 3&4 since I'd put more stock in what TRSI says then my Border's. Rolling Eyes
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
#3 has been out for a long time. Borders is probably getting a new shipment of the older volumes so people who didn't start collecting Gunslinger Girl years ago can get them.
Truered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Well true to my word I've brought Gunslinger Girl. Read the first chapter. When I flicked through I thought it looked a bit dull. But it's been pretty good so far. Supposedly Volume 4 has been released- but like Yotsuba 4, its three-six weeks delivery on Amazon. Going to wait a few days- might get stock in with the book having only just been released.
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I actually just bought Gunslinger Girl, it's very good. The different relationships between the girls and their handlers are very interesting. I can't wait to read more. And Iucky for me, I won't have to wait for so long to collect the following volumes. The following volumes are going to released eventually, right?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote
CloverKuroba wrote:
I actually just bought Gunslinger Girl, it's very good. The different relationships between the girls and their handlers are very interesting. I can't wait to read more. And Iucky for me, I won't have to wait for so long to collect the following volumes. The following volumes are going to released eventually, right?

Supposedly they are, but I'm not holding my breath on ADV's manga group coming up with more excuses if/when they get delayed again for however long. On a positive note I did find volume 3 and it rocked. Can't find volume 4 though, what a surprise. I'm looking forward to the later volumes that cover material not in the anime.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Volume 4 is scheduled for a June 30th release and I believe some people already have their copies. Unfortunately, we can probably look forward to more lengthy waits after volume 6 simply because the manga comes out so slowly in Japan.
jgreen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:23 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Volume 4 is scheduled for a June 30th release and I believe some people already have their copies.

Yep, Vol. 4 was at my comic shop yesterday, as was the new volume of Yotsuba&!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Brand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Volume 4 is scheduled for a June 30th release and I believe some people already have their copies.

Yeah I got my copy the other week also. It was very exciting. Now if all the friggen manga I get on a normal basis didn't all come out on the same week I would be happy. There must have been seven volumes of stuff for me. But Yotsuba&! was the first one I read. It was good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:45 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

I'm still waiting for TRSI to get it in so they can ship it to me. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5