• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Treasure - Coo from the Distant Seas

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Is it possible to link the title to the entry in the encyclopedia? Yeah, I know I can search for it myself. It's more of a convience thing more than anything.

That doesnt just apply to this one, but any future ones you do? You don't have to it with the previous ones, as that would probably be too much work.
Greboruri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Quote:
"The military happens to be the French, and the reason they want Coo is to destroy any evidence of such a new and important species... so they can start using the ocean for nuclear testing."
Now that's probably the most ridiculous plot device I've ever heard. If the military is doing nuclear testing I don't think they would give a s&*t as to what life was in the ocean old or new.
If a endangered speicies was found in the waters where they were doing the testing and it was made public, naturally they'd pressured not to go ahead with the testing. Geez, it's not that much of a stretch.

Having seen the film about a decade ago, I'm not sure why it's getting so much flak here. It's an OK film, but not the "so bad it's good" type film people are making it out to be. If you want stuff like that, Harmony Gold's dubs of "Sovereign Of The Damned" and "Run for Life" are prefect, both in awfulness of original material and English adaptation.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quote
This is really strange at first I thought this would be like some sort of anime version of Free Willy or something then I read about the Dudes with guns Now I can only say WTF I have seen and heard of wierd things but this gets a gold medal for the biggest WTF of the year now there is only one problem I actully want to see this great I doubt I will find it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
sciboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
I find it interesting that you claim "No medium can do "cute" better than anime" and say "GIGANTIC ADOWABLE BAMBI EYES!?" two paragraphs over, that would probably be an inappropriate place to put a Disney reference. Razz
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
sciboy wrote:
I find it interesting that you claim "No medium can do "cute" better than anime" and say "GIGANTIC ADOWABLE BAMBI EYES!?" two paragraphs over, that would probably be an inappropriate place to put a Disney reference. Razz

Well, it should be noted that the big eyes in anime are Disney inspired.

But as a pop-culture reference, even when it comes to anime fans, Bambi is pretty hard to beat.

-t
alicetheowl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I've seen this, and own a copy of it on VHS. Waaaaaay back when Cape Cod had an anime club, we watched it. My now-husband LOVED it. I've been unable to watch it without falling asleep. It's very . . . blue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3